Chapter Thirty Two

Hey guys, I am so proud of all of you, the last time I checked, Chapter Thirty One had 23 votes. Incredible. <3 I just want to give mad props to RosiePaige who took the time to make me a cover/banner, which is shown on the side. If you'd like to make me something like this, feel free to, I love them(: I'm really glad you guys liked the previous chapter, and I'm sure you all are dying to see what happens next. ;D Hella sick song on the side, and author's note the end, remember! Sorry if this chapter is a little eh, I didn't have time to edit too throughly);

---

Wednesday evening, I spent the night at Marshall's house hastily, and while it was unplanned and hurried, neither of us could bear to part, even temporarily. We slept in the nude, but our bodies remained disconnected because of how sore I had been as a result of our lovemaking. His arm draped around me protectively, our bodies sprawled in the middle of the vast bed, his toes curled against mine and rubbed unconciously while he slept. Taking in shallow breaths, his chest rose and fell, and I was left restless, body still throbbing with the disbelief of the previous few hours. I could still feel the tender kiss of his lips pressed against my own, and the gentle pressure of his palms on the skin of my sides and back, caressing the ink drawn into my flesh.

I closed my eyes and drifted off into slumber for maybe four hours. Then when the weakest sunbeam stretched through the balcony window and danced on the bed faintly, my eyes fluttered open and I crawled out of bed with the utmost care, so not to wake Marshall. I had work, and having promised myself that if I was to spend the night, I would leave early to make it on time. I wasn't about to slack out of an opportunity to raise money for my future.

I longed to stay with him, to dive back under the covers and feel him inside of me once more. But I accepted the possibility that if I missed work too frequently, I could be fired, and there was not much else for a young woman to do in North 8 Mile. So I dressed in my comfortably worn clothing, reminded myself to shower swiftly once I got home from purchasing the morning after pill I had promised Marshall, pinned my hair back messily, and snatched out a pen and slightly crumpled piece of paper from my purse.

Marshall,

I had to leave early; I had work. But I wish I could have stayed beside you for as long as possible. Text me or call me when you can. :)
-D.

P.S. I would have made breakfast for you like you did for me that one time, but I had to leave. :P

Smoothing out the crinkles in the paper, I tip-toed over to the area by the bedside and placed the note upon my pillow, where I was sure he would see it eventually. Glancing at my phone, I noted the time. It was 6:30, and it would take a decent amount of time for me to prepare for work, so bending my knees slightly to lower the creaking noises, I eased myself to his side.

He was peacefully asleep, and I caressed the knotted back of his neck with the graze of my fingertips. Bringing my lips to his temple, I kissed him lightly. I wanted to whisper my love to him, but when I went to speak those three words, my throat choked up, and I couldn't. I knew he wouldn't return it. Caught in the pleasure of slumber, he was achingly beautiful, even when he wasn't aware of his own looks.

Moving time-takingly to the doors, I clasped them shut behind me and descended the stairs. A muffled spoon against bowl sounded in the kitchen, and as I passed by, I caught a sight of Hailie seated, backpack by the legs of her stool.

"Morning," I whispered, smiling.

She glimpsed up, and flashed me a grin. "Hey, Dri. How did you sleep?"

She'd noticed my prescence in the house last night, after she, Whitney, and Laney had gotten home. By the time they arrived at the residence, our lovemaking was over and we were spread on top of plush towels out by the grand pool, completely clothed. The three of them had considerately left us alone so we could bond properly, and once we came inside, the cold becoming unbearable, the girls had already eaten dinner and were watching a movie in a seperate room. As a father, Marshall authoratively verified if they were full, and once the movie was over, Whitney was tucked into her bed, Hailie and Laney in their own private rooms. It was then that we warmed up homemade burgers that had been left over from a while or so ago, and following that, we retreated to his corridor for the night. The fact that I had not had a moment alone with Hailie to discuss the reason I dropped by in the first place was eating at me, and I decided to bring it up before I misplaced the thought.