Chapter Nine

Good morning! ;D Happy 11/11/11, everyone(: Hope you guys have a nice day. ANYWAY! Here's Chapter Nine. When I originally started this, I was thinking about 15 chapters, but now I see that that would be wayyy too rushed and short, because I like this shtory. c; So I'm just going to go with it and see how long it gets, and you guys are in for a few unexpected turns(; I ALSO HAVE TWO VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS. One: Thanks to every single one of you who comment faithfully and vote and all that stuff, it just makes me so happy, you won't even believe it. <3 And I am truely sorry if I can't respond to all the messages/comments I get, even though I'd love to. Two: So I don't normally do dedications, but I think this girl deserves it. Maximoose has been with me from the start of this story, and she gives good advice on writing(: Keep reading, commenting, and making my day!(; -Parisa. ;D OH WAIT, ONE MORE THING. -----> The picture on the side is an image of the man who jumps back into Dri's life in this chapter. c:

---

Monday morning came too quickly and I went to work somewhat forcibly by Luna, who convinced me that wanting to stay in bed and replay every single second from last night was not exactly sane. Even Mr. Rizzo noticed something had changed.

"Good morning, sir," I trilled, dropping off a mug of coffee exactly the way he liked it. "I did some extra work on the weekend for you." I stood at the front of his desk, folders in hand, a perky grin on my lips. He examined me intensely as he reached for his coffee, unsure how to react.

"Well good morning to you too, Adrienne. What's going on? Typically Mondays aren't like this for you."

"Oh nothing, I just had a good weekend."

"That's nice," he smiled, sipping his coffee, motioning with a pudgy finger for me to set the papers all on his desk. "You can just leave them here, I'll go through it later."

"Alrighty," I gushed, disbelieving my own ears as I listened to how cheesy I sounded. "I'll be at my desk."

"Good," he murmured absently, swiveling his chair to the computer and typing rapidly. Even though my poor feet were blistered and bruised from last night, I had an urge to skip to my desk. It had just all been breathtaking. Remembering the sparks that had shot off when our bodies touched on the dance floor was enough to make chills of joy trickle down my spine. I hadn't felt so beautiful and so wanted, and yet so vulnerable, at the same time. It was impossible to deny; I was falling. And I could only hope he would catch me.

---

Eminem's POV:

I was sprawled out on the couch watching the news when Hailie and Whitney trudged in, having just awakened. "Morning," I called with a smile.

"G'morning," they croaked in unison, sitting down on the kitchen bar stools as Alaine began frying some eggs and bacon up. I turned off the TV off as news about a murderer and rapist came on, I couldn't watch that shit with the girls around. I slid onto the bar stool next to Whitney and looked them over. Hailie's eyes were only half open and Whitney was slumped in her seat, hair flopping in her face.

"Jesus," I remarked. "When did you guys get to bed?"

"I don't even know," Alaina chortled, dumping eggs and bacon onto their plates as they ravenously snatched up their forks and began stabbing and shoving it into their mouths.

"Daddy, what time did you get home last night?" Whitney asked me, mouth full.

"Hey, remember your manners. And I'm not sure, around one thirty, I think."

"Oooh!" Hailie's eyes flew open excitedly. "Speaking of that, how was the date?"

"Date? What date?" Alaina questioned, drawn in.