Chapter Fifteen

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope all of you have an amazing day(: Whew, so I'm like exhausted from Chapter Fourteen, that chapter was stuffed with cuteness lololoz. This chapter won't be as long, but I'll make sure to include lots of cuteness, hehe. Keep reading and voting and messaging and all of that. And unless I specify who's POV it is, it will always be Adrienne's. Alright. ;3 -Parisa(:

---

Eminem's POV:

Even though we'd headed to bed around one in the morning, my eyes opened at nine, the bed warmed by the streaks of sunlight pouring through the balcony opening. I shifted my head to the side, yawning, and blandly pulled her fingers apart from mine as I gazed at her. Her face was tilted, her mouth closed, lips rosy, as her chest fell with breath. Traces of mascara stained around her eyes slightly, and I smiled unconsciously at how real and innocent she looked. I pressed my lips to hers sweetly, and a little sigh came from her.

I examined her a bit longer, then fluffed the sheet around her and tucked her in comfortably, then trudged to the bathroom, where I freshen up, and then headed downstairs, where I heard the girls, awake and noisy as always.

"Shush," I whispered sharply as I entered the kitchen where they were, eating breakfast and socializing. They gave me blank, clueless stares, and I explained. "Dri's still here."

"She slept the night here, Daddy?" Whitney asked. I saw Hailie and Alaina exchange a sneaky glance and a wink, and I ignored them, picking Whitney up and balancing  her on my hip.

"Yes baby." I kissed her forehead. "She slept over and she's still sleeping so I need you girls to be quiet."

"Okay," they allowed in unison. I went to the cupboard after setting Whitney down, pulled out a large frying pan, and began rummaging through the refrigerator for food thoughtfully. They stood, watching me, mutely, until Hailie spoke up.

"What are you doing, Dad?"

"I'm going to make breakfast for Adrienne."

"Aw, can we help?" she grinned. Alaina and Whitney beamed at me hopefully, questioning me with their  fixed eyes.

"Grab some food and let's see what we can throw together," I smirked, chuckling, and the kitchen began bustling.

---

I woke to the ticklish feel of something, or someone stroking my face. "Eh..." I moaned. "Shhh, let me sleep." The delicate touching continued and my eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright glint of sunlight. Propping myself up on my elbows, I groaned, noticing the ticklish touch was the breeze flowing through the silky curtains, then stuffed locks of hair behind my ear, digging the crusty remains of my amazing slumber from the creases in my eyes.

He wasn't beside me, but the feel of his cool hands cradling my body from last night still ached on me. The scent of his fading cologne was on his clothes, now worn on me, and the taste of wine and toothpaste had turned bitter in my mouth. It got to a point where I couldn't stand the disgusting flavor in my mouth, so I lumbered out of bed and to the bathroom.

My clothes were neatly folded and placed on the edge of the sink. I lifted my shirt, smelling it, and it smelled of laundry detergent and crisp linen. Someone had washed them. I washed my face, combed my hair with my fingers so it was satisfactory, and then slid my clothes on. I whipped out some eyeshadow and mascara and applied that, then fastened my shoes and decided to find out where Marshall was.

Poised at the top of the stairs, I heard quiet chattering downstairs, and I made my steps silently so not to disturb their breakfast. What I saw as I moved into the kitchen was unexpected and an adorable sight.