Chapter Five

Hey guys(: So thanks to those of you who do all you can to support me, you have no idea how happy it makes me. Please continue to spread the word and vote and whatnot(: Also, this chapter's a bit shorter, but only because I was a little brain-dead and I felt like I had to upload for my amazing fans! ;D The next ones will be amazingfuller than ever ahaha(:  Last little note: the point of view will be from Adrienne unless I specify so. Loveeeee, -Parisa(:

---

I woke up at actually 6:13, which was the earliest I've ever woken up in a while, considering I had a decent hangover. I groaned and sat up, my dress damp with sweat and the stale scent of last night's perfume. I put my hand on my hair, expecting to have to dig out bobby pins, but there was nothing. My hair had been let loose, by someone. I tried hard to remember what happened last night. But all I could make out was crawling into his car, half asleep, and then ending up in my doorway with him standing on my steps. And it was all blurry before then. I laid back down, slithering out of my dress and let it drop off the bed. I lay on the cool covers, somewhat bare, when my caught caught a small piece of paper that hadn't been there the day before. Grunting, I stretched out my arm and lifted it with my fingertips, bringing it to me so I could read it.

It said:

Adrienne,

I had fun last night. It was nice running into you and your friend at the bar and having a normal night turn into something new and different. You looked nice. You got pretty tired and passed out, so I put you on your bed. Hope you don't mind. Also hope you don't mind if I drop by a little later tomorrow to check up on you.

It was signed Marshall, with a flourish.

I held it close to me for a minute, my fingers creasing the note, just imagining that last night he might've carried me in his strong, stony arms and laid me to rest on the bed. Just imagining that maybe his hand skimmed across the paper as he wrote and gazed at me, sleeping and unaware. Just imagining him taking out the pins in my hair so gently, I didn't notice. The thoughts gave me butterflies, and for a second, I even felt a little nauseous with joy. The note was so unexpected, I had to beam. I was going to see him again, my mind reminded me.

With that, I stepped out of bed and into the bathroom.

---

I got a ride to and from work with Luna, who was desperate to know every last detail. Even as I was getting out of the car, her excited squalling hadn't stopped. After demanding I tell her everything and anything that would happen today when he dropped by, she finally drove away and I went up the steps to my house. After entering, I changed into sweats made myself some black, bitter coffee, leaning back in my armchair, letting Jersey Shore play in the background as I did some calculations for work.

I was starting to wonder when he would come around when I heard a sharp rap. Shit, my heart screamed happily. He's here. I dashed to the door, and I passed by the bathroom to get to it. I caught a glimpse of myself and I nearly groaned in disgust. I looked absolutely horrid in my baggy sweats and even baggier hoodie. I sprinted into my room and tore off the clothes I was wearing, yanking on my work clothes which was better than anything else I could come up with in that moment. The knocking continued, and I yelled, "Coming!" as I zipped up my charcoal gray pencil skirt and tucked my button up blue blouse into it, running to the door. I managed to tussle my hair teasingly before I pulled the door open, chest heaving.

He stood there, hands in his pockets as always. "Hey." He inspected me, and I thought I saw him blink quickly.

"Hi," I replied meekly, my cheeks reddening, toying with a strand of my hair.

"Seems as if you've cleaned up nicely since last night," he commented, chuckling.

"Was I that bad?" I laughed, slightly embarrassed. He noticed how uncomfortable I became, and swiftly started assuring me.

"Nah, not that bad really. You passed out twice though."

"Jesus." I rubbed my forehead. "Sorry about that."

"It's all good. We've all been through that. Sorry if I dropped by at an inconvenient time."

"No, no, it's fine," I murmured, dazed by his chiseled face.

"So anyway. I came by to see how you feel after last night, not too hung over still, and I was wondering if I could ask you something."

That caught me off guard. I stared at him stupidly for a few seconds before my mouth gathered itself and I spoke.

"Um. Yes. Sure."

"I had a good time last night. And I was wondering if you had a good time last night too, because if you did...um...we could do it again." He looked anxious for the first time today, and he shifted his feet avoiding my gaze. I think my heart paused a little. I think he'd just asked me out...

"Um...wait...are you asking me on a date?" After I'd blurted that, I had to hold back from slapping myself. My left hand gripped my right hand, almost to restrain it.

He cleared his throat, not once, but three times, all in a row. And then his eyes locked right on mine, making me lean against the doorway to steady my knees from buckling with ecstasy. I knew his answer even before he'd opened his mouth, and he knew mine. "Yeah."

"Um...well. Yes. That'd be great." I smiled at him warmly and his lips curled at the corners a little, more than I remember seeing them ever form a smile.

"Sometime this week, then? If you're free?"

"Oh yeah, I'm free whenever."

"Then how about Friday night? Is Starbucks alright?"

"Yeah, that's good. Hopefully I'll have my car fixed by then," I sighed.

"Nah, it's cool. I can pick you up and drop you off. If that's okay?"

"That'd be great."

"Cool. Alright, well I should probably give you my number." He slid a pen out of his inner jacket pocket, and looked at me expectantly. "Um, where do you want me to write it?" he said, after I failed to respond immediately.

"Oh, my hand is fine." I stuck my hand out, and his big one took it, tilting it as he scrawled his number on it. "Um, so do you want mine?"

"Yeah." He jutted his hand out, echoing me, and I did the same for him.

"There."

"Cool. Alright, well I should probably get going for dinner. I'll see you Friday?"

"Yes."

He smiled his crooked way, and waved, moving towards his car. I shut the door slowly. A date with Eminem? Luna had to know about this.

I reached for my phone, almost bursting with anticipation, awaiting Friday.

---

So yes. This chapter sucked a little. I know. :/ I said the last chapter sucked too, but this one really did suck. I hope this isn't disappointing to all of you out there. Please vote and comment! ;D The next few chapters will be hella pimp though, I promise(:

Until next time.