Why We Have Fear

There once was a girl with veins of deep indigo like the storm clouds. Who danced in thunderstorms and screamed with the boom of thunder. The blood flowing through her were filled by lightening and her touch was electrifying. She lived without fear. She was enticingly dangerous.

But she kissed too many people and never felt it. She believed she was too good for a seatbelt to hold her back. She jumped off of everything without knowing where she'd land. Claiming nothing felt as good as adrenaline. She vowed to never sit still. She swore she was fearless but she was reckless.

So she lived her life speeding in the fast lane; Never cherishing the moment, planning her next high. She leaped and bounded over raging fires and swam through the depths of icy waters. Always claiming to see you the same time tomorrow, but how does someone know that the same time tomorrow she'll be gone.

No matter how lucky, brave, or careful she thought she was, her cables still snapped. She couldn't see the flaws and peril in her path, so it snuck up behind her and stabbed her in her back. Because she became to full of herself and nothing mattered. When nothing matters you have nothing to lose. So she lost herself before she even knew.

She thought she was invincible. She was only human.