I Don't

"I don't want to fall in love with him," She sighs, "because, when it's over, I don't want to paint over my blue walls because blue reminds me of his eyes. I don't want to look at his face in the halls and think of what I could've had. I don't want to avoid all guys with the same kind of hair as him because 'it's too painful to remember'. I don't want to know that he couldn't possibly love me back. I don't want to have my heart be broken for the eighth time proving that, unlike the average women, I won't be falling in love seven times before I find the one. I don't want my world to crumble apart in front of my eyes again. I don't want to have to force myself out of bed every morning because I feel like there is nothing for me out there. I don't want my mother to feel like it's her fault that she didn't protect me better when I stop wanting this life. I don't want to lose myself in him."

"But." She chokes. "I don't want to fall in love with a different pair of eyes. I don't want to relearn the little parts that make him up. I don't want to buy another diary to write someone else's name repeatedly in. I don't want to start all over. I don't want to settle for less. I don't want to discard all the memories I've made and the experiences that the next guy won't understand. I don't want to have to take other paths because I don't want to run into him anymore. I don't want a different voice sending shivers down my spine. I don't want the butterflies that I get when I see him to ever go away. I don't want my skin to stop lighting on fire when he touches me. I don't want to forget his eyes memorizing every inch of me like it's the last time. I don't want to feel this way anymore but I don't know how to WANT to live without him."