Ribcage

~~~~~
Take you out, never bring you back again, back again, back again
Can't recall how we lost our innocence, innocence, (innocence)
Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
Got no heart to break, like it that way
Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
~~~~~
I wake up with his body next to mine. His hair is in my face and we are just a sweaty mess. Andys arms are wrapped protectively around me. He's asleep, I can feel his warm breath on my neck which sends shivers down my back. I sigh and he wakes up with a jolt.
"Hey," he says, his low voice mumbles
"Hey," I say. He starts unwrapping his arms but you bring them back to your waist.
"Don't," I say, cheeks instantly turning red.
"Ok. Princess," I can almost hear the smile in his voice.
After a while, he drives me home.
~~~~~~
The car ride is long and silent. It's not an awkward silence, it's a comfortable one.
When he drops me off, we both sit in the car. I look over at him and he looks over at me deeply into each others eyes. I feel like his eyes are slowly ripping apart my soul, looking at my inner most thoughts. I do until his lips crash against mine. I freeze in shock until I'm not nervous anymore. His lips are soft and warm. He grabs the back of my neck to pull me closer and I run my fingers through his hair.
We kiss there for 10 more seconds until he violently pulls away.
"What's wrong?" I ask, extremely confused
"Y/n I've done something really bad," he says looking at me, obviously ashamed.
"What is it?" I ask, he obviously regrets kissing me. Was I that bad?
"Y/n....I have a girlfriend," he says and my happiness melts away.
I stare at him blankly and start to get out of the car. He pulls me in but I yell at him.
"Y/n, wait!" He says getting out of the car after me. He pulls my arm and there is a desperate look in his eyes.
"Andy, why?" I ask, my eyes starting to tear up.
"Y/n. I like you a lot, I want to be with you. I just have to break up with her," anger floods through me. I know I'm his second choice.
"Why did you kiss me? Why did you act like that around me. You made me weak," I yell at him
He stares at me and I know he's taking this harder than I am.
"Why can't we still be friends. I don't mind," he says softly. Why is he acting like this. I want him to yell back. I want him to call me stupid.
"You don't get it, do you?" I sigh "Andy I don't want to be just friends I want to be more, but how can I trust you when you cheated on her," I yell
He stumbles back and I walk into my house. He stands there and I can't help but think that was our only chance. Why couldn't I forgive him?
~~~~~~
The next day's the hardest. I walk into school and see him everywhere. Around my locker, in my class. I find my self almost looking for him.
I tell what happened to my best friend Abby and she comforted me.
~~~~~
One week from our argument Andy started hanging out with more and more popular people. He obviously broke up with his girlfriend and was hanging around all the hot, blonde, rich girls.
School wasn't the same and neither was I. I didn't want to have an argument with him but I couldn't trust him. Trust is earned and from what I could see was he wasn't a person i could trust.
I walked over to my locker and saw him standing there. But he wasn't there for me.
Stacey, one of my ex friends was standing there talking to him. They obviously liked each other heaps because they were practically on each other, well until they started making out with each other. It wasn't how we kissed. They were acting feral.
I could help but tell that she was his rebound because he didn't kiss me like that. I know that he didn't kiss me like that because he wanted me, not my body.
I sigh and walk to my locker, pushing them aside and getting my lunch. I open the soup up and turn around to get a spoon. He stops kissing Stacey and followed me to the hallway.
"Y/n, wait!" He says
I turn around and stare at him.
"You expect me to be bawling my eyes out don't you Andy?" I ask laughing. Laughing is a coping mechanism and I intend to use it.
"Ok I miss you like hell. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he begs
"Your going to have to do more than that. Andy trust is earned. Not given,"
"Why are you ok with this?" He asks. Truth is I'm not ok, but like that. I can't show him I'm afraid.
"Emptiness is safe, keep it that way,"
With that I turn around and leave.