Taunting the Kitty (Version 1)

This idea was published by "theamazingjndraws" on Tumblr. Other than what was included in their post, the remainder of this story was created by me.

Ladybug and Chat Noir both sat on the edge of a rooftop, letting their feet dangle below, with a beautiful view of the bright Eiffel Tower. It was a fairly warm summer night with the skies completely clear, revealing billions of glimmering stars. Within sight of the heroes was a lit-up billboard of the blond model Adrien advertising a new pair of shoes that his father had recently designed. With nothing else to do, the two heroes decided to share several stories without revealing too much about themselves. Little did Chat Noir know, Ladybug had already discovered his identity a few days before.

Like always, Marinette was running late to school that day. She was rushing up the main entrance's staircase as quickly as possible. Once she reached the inside of the building, she realized that she was alone. Well, almost. Apparently, she was not the only one running late. Marinette hid and watched carefully as she saw Chat Noir jump down from the top of the building. He looked around for any wandering eyes, but didn't notice any. Believing to be safe, he detransformed. Marinette was in pure disbelief that the flirtatious, outgoing partner that was in love with Ladybug was also the sweet, quiet love of her life. Chat Noir might have been Adrien, but that also meant that Adrien was Chat Noir. Marinette always felt that she never stood a chance with Adrien, which is why she was always so nervous around him. She did, however, feel completely comfortable around Chat Noir despite his constant flirting. Rather than immediately revealing her own identity to the boy, she thought that it might be entertaining to pay him back for his countless puns that were told at the worst of times.

Ladybug looked out at the brightened city. Her hands were flat against the ground at either side of her. "Chat, I can trust you to keep what I'm about to tell you to yourself, can't I?"

Slightly concerned but also intrigued, Chat Noir smirked. "Of course, my lady. What is it?"

Ladybug gazed at the billboard in the distance with fascination. "I have the biggest crush on him."

"Who?" Chat Noir followed the direction in which Ladybug was looking. His eyes landed upon a picture of his other self. He nodded his head, motioning towards the billboard. "That guy?"

Ladybug allowed herself to smile shyly. "Yes! His name is Adrien Agreste. He does modeling for his father Gabriel Agreste, who is a famous fashion designer." Ladybug turned her full attention to Chat Noir, "I'm actually surprised that you don't remember him. He was that one illusion that Volpina used at the top of the Eiffel Tower, remember?"

"Oh, uh, nope. I don't think I know him." Chat Noir nervously scratched the back of his head as a hopeful smile formed upon his face. "I bet he's a great guy, though."

"He sure is. There's no way that someone like me could end up with someone as wonderful as him. But every time I see him, I just want to pull him close to me..." Ladybug scoot over a lot closer to Chat Noir, lowering her voice in the process. She allowed for her left pinky finger to intertwine with his right one. "and tell him..." Her lips remained only a few inches from his. Ladybug allowed for her eyes to shut partially as she looked down at Chat Noir's nervous lips.

Chat Noir changed his focus to Ladybug's lips that remained extremely close to his own. His face turned bright red. He gulped nervously, "Y-yeah?"

Ladybug's eyes shot open as she quickly moved away from Chat Noir to stand up. "To fight you because obviously you'd never let me date him."

Confused, Chat Noir stood up as well. "W-what?"

Ladybug playfully rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "You're so protective of me. Oh well." She shrugged her shoulders. "I guess it just wasn't meant to be."

Chat Noir was having a difficult time comprehending what all was happening. "But...but..."

Ladybug turned her back to Chat Noir. "You know, this may seem kind of weird, but you actually remind me quite a bit of him."

Chat Noir's eyes became wide with concern. "I-I do?"

Ladybug turned her head around to grin at the boy. She slowly walked over to him, swinging her hips. Reaching him, Ladybug twirled strands of Chat Noir's blond locks with her index finger. "Your hair is that same beautiful golden shade of blond." Seeing his blush drastically, she slowly slid her hands down to touch either side of his face. "Your eyes are also that bright, gorgeous green."

Chat Noir placed his hands on top of hers, "Listen, Ladybug. I-"

Ladybug pulled away from him. "It's just a coincidence, I know." She sighed, "What a shame, too. With a great body like that, you'd make a fantastic model!" Chat Noir's face became even more red than before...if that was even possible. "Well, it's getting late. I better get going, mon chatton. Have yourself a great night!" Without another word, Ladybug waved goodbye to her partner.

Chat Noir was then left completely alone, questioning what all had just happened.