Taunting the Bug (Version 2)

All of the students of the Collège Françoise Dupont sat in their final class of the day, with minutes left before the final bell would ring. Marinette and Alya were silently discussing some after school plans with Adrien nonchalantly listening in the distance. A smile crept up onto his face as he envisioned how the remainder of his own day would plan out. After class dismissed, Adrien was wanting to confront Marinette and toy with her just a bit.

Adrien had actually discovered that Marinette was Ladybug just a couple of days ago. He was walking through the city to make his way to the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. After having tried their desserts once before, Adrien believed theirs to be the best in all of Paris! As he approached the building, he had instantly noticed Ladybug standing on Marinette's balcony. At first, Adrien panicked. He was concerned that something might have happened to either Ladybug or Marinette. After taking in a deep breath, he assumed that perhaps the two were just close friends and Ladybug was visiting. After all, they seemed to know quite a bit about each other.

Several seconds later, a bright flash of a pink-tinted light had appeared from on top of the balcony. Adrien watched in astonishment as Ladybug's transformation wore off, revealing a girl from his class. All that time, the girl he had been searching for sat directly behind him in homeroom. The girl that Nino once said had a small crush on him was the same one that he was in love with. Before telling her that he was Chat Noir, Adrien thought he might have a little bit of fun first.

It wasn't long until the final bell went off, indicating the end of the school day. Each student rushed out of the classroom so quickly that the teacher was not even able to finish their sentence. Adrien said his instant goodbyes to Nino before taking off towards Marinette. He soon found her with Alya at both of their lockers. That moment would most likely be the best opportunity to talk to her without her trying to avoid him with a bright red face.

Adrien took a deep breath before walking over to her. He appeared from behind her, resting his back against the locker next to hers. "Hey there, Mari. Are you free after school today?"

Marinette was so startled that she jumped back a few inches. "A-Adrien! H-hi! Um, Alya and I plans have after school. No, wait! I mean, have plans school after! No, we have school plans after! I mean...ugh." Marinette lowered her head down, desperately hoping that Adrien didn't notice all of her mess-ups. Alya, of course, was giggling quietly. Her best friend was hopeless when it came to boys!

Adrien rested his arms across his chest. "Hmm, that sure is a shame. I was going to ask if you wanted to maybe come over? I know that you are a fan of my father's work, so I thought you'd might like a personal tour of the mansion. My driver would be able to give us both a ride there. Of course, only if you want." The boy smiled as he shoved both of his hands into his jean pockets.

"She'd love to, Adrien. Well, I better get going. See you tomorrow, Marinette!" Alya winked at her friend before leaving. She was more than happy to volunteer Marinette to hang out with the boy of her dreams. Alya knew that Marinette probably would have declined the offer any other way.

"Alya!" Marinette shouted in a hushed whisper at her friend as she left the girl alone with the model. They truly were alone, too. The rest of the students had cleared out of the building already. Realizing that Adrien probably noticed her beg for Alya to return, Marinette let out an awkward laugh. "So...a tour of your mansion, huh?"

Adrien's face showed a false expression of guilt. "I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry. That isn't the real reason why I wanted to invite you over."

Marinette was more than confused...she was completely lost! "W-what? Then why d-did you?"

"Well," Adrien took several steps closer to her. As her face began to redden, Adrien leaned down to Marinette's height. Letting his lips become inches from her ear, he lowered his voice to a mere whisper. "I was actually hoping to get to know you better." Marinette stood motionless, not knowing what to say. Adrien tried his best to hold back laughter.

Adrien began to walk away towards the entrance of the school, but noticed that Marinette was not following right behind. He turned back to face her with a sly grin. "Oh, don't worry, I'll be a good kitty. I won't bite. Unless..." Adrien smirked,  "you want me to."

Marinette pinched her arm due to shock. Feeling the pain, she realized that it was reality and not some dream. She might have seemed more calm and collected on the outside, but she felt like she was dying internally.

 She might have seemed more calm and collected on the outside, but she felt like she was dying internally