Our Destiny

Marinette and Adrien both cuddled up on the couch as they were watching television. Marinette stretched her legs out and rested her head on Adrien's lap. It had been nearly three years since their wedding day. However, their love still continued to grow strong. They started dating back in high school and Adrien had popped the big question about a year after graduation. The two were definitely the cutest couple in all of Paris.

As Marinette flipped through the channels, she stopped at the news. In the background, an evil-looking female was terrorizing the city. Her mask formed a butterfly shape and her outfit was covered in a hot, fiery blaze. The newscaster in the front, Nadja Chamack, spoke with an unsteady voice: "Another villain that calls herself 'Crossfire' is loose in the city of Paris, causing panic everywhere. Ladybug and Chat Noir should be here any moment to stop the-"

Marinette shut off the TV and gave Adrien a smirk. the two immediately stood up and called for their kwamis, who came rushing out of their own personal room. Even though they were just about complete opposites, Tikki and Plagg got along quite well. Their differences canceled each other out.

"Tikki, spots on!" Marinette called out.

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien shouted at the same time as Marinette.

The two lovebirds held each the other's face with their palms. They both swiped their thumbs around the other's eyes, revealing their own masks. Then, simultaneously, Marinette and Adrien threw their arms out, letting their outfits change. It wasn't long before they were both transformed into their super, secret identities. The two quickly rushed through the city of Paris to reach the horrid villain.

Ladybug and Chat appeared right behind the akuma-possessed being in no time. "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" Chat raised his eyebrows up and down repeatedly. Ladybug playfully rolled her eyes with a dramatic sigh.

"Crossfire, why don't you make this easier for all of us and just surrender now?" Ladybug shook her fist at the villain. "I don't know how many more of his comments I'll be able to take."

The female quickly turned around to face the two Parisian heroes. "Ah, the legendary Ladybug and Chat Noir. You both know exactly what I want. Just hand them over now and nobody has to get hurt."

"Nah, don't think so. Hawk Moth's in for some major disappointment! I think it's about time you got fired!" Chat winked at his wife, while she face-palmed. The villain raised her arm out and shot a blaze of fire out at the two. Luckily, they both jumped out of the way in time. "Hey! That's my wife you're shooting at!"

Ladybug threw her yo-yo, but not at the villain. Instead, she hit Chat Noir in the head. "I can take care of myself, you know. I've been doing it for years, now."

Chat Noir jumped in front of the superheroine, protecting her from harm's way. "That's okay, babe. I got this one!" He quickly ran towards Crossfire, ready to attack.

Ladybug spoke softly to where only she could hear herself mumble, "I'm sure you do." She made her way towards Chat Noir and Crossfire, knowing that her protective husband was going to need her help any minute now.

Some things just never change...not even Chat Noir's ego.

not even Chat Noir's ego