Playful Kitty Chat

I feel like this fandom is going insane because of the wait for season 2. Do me a favor: take a deep breath, read this Miraculous one-shot, fangirl/fanboy over it, and then relax. Whereas there may not be new episodes at the moment, there shall always be fanfictions.

Marinette sat in her room making an adorable, unique Ladybug blanket for her best friend's birthday. She just knew that Alya would love it! Mari sat on her mini sofa in her room and had a basket of yarn on the ground in front of her. She planned on making the blanket black with Ladybug's symbol and the heroine's name in the middle. Of course, she was going to present it to her in a Ladybug themed box. Marinette even planned on asking Ladybug herself to sign the box along with her. Little would Alya know, her best friend would just be signing it twice with different handwriting techniques.

Marinette took a break from working on the blanket. She walked over to sit at her desk and turned her attention to the gift wrapping itself. The box she ended up deciding on was red and there was black ribbon to go with it. Mari picked up a black permanent marker and signed her own name on the top of the lid in the right corner. In the left corner, she signed Ladybug's name in a different font along with the ladybug symbol.

Knowing that the box couldn't possibly look any better, Marinette smiled before heading back to the sofa. She jumped in surprise when she noticed another figure already sitting there with their legs crossed. "Gah! You nasty alley cat! Have you not heard of knocking?"

"Oops. My bad." Chat Noir, not moving the rest of his body, stretched his arm out to knock on the wall.

Marinette squinted her eyes. "You're just so funny, aren't you?" She stuck her tongue out at him. "What are you even doing here?"

Chat stretched out across the entire sofa, "I was bored. I need entertainment!"

"You're such a child." Marinette giggled. "Don't you have like, oh I don't know, a home?"

"Pfft, hardly." Chat Noir lowered his voice, but Marinette heard him anyway, causing her face to fall.

"Well, if you're staying you are going to have to scooch it. I really have to work on this blanket." Chat Noir moved over just enough for the girl to sit down.

"What are you making?" Chat looked over Mari's shoulder.

"It's going to be a Ladybug blanket for my best friend Alya. She runs that one Ladyblog." With a smile, Marinette went back to making the blanket. Chat Noir looked down at her feet, when he suddenly noticed the basket of black and red yarn. For some reason, his eyes began to glimmer. Noticing his sudden silence, Marinette looked over at the boy. "Chat, what are you..." She glared at him and saw the strange sparkle in his eyes. "Don't you even think about it." Chat Noir's mouth formed a grin. "Chat, no." Marinette warned.

The boy's smile was then visibly showing his teeth, "Chat, yes!" Before Marinette could stop him, Chat dived onto the floor and began tangling himself up in the yarn.