The Ball (Part 2)

After a few extra hours of sewing fabric the next late afternoon, Marinette finally finished her dress. The red color with the black polka dots fit Ladybug perfectly! She made sure to leave herself plenty of time afterwards to take a warm shower so that she would all be fresh and clean. "Alright, Tikki. We better transform so that I can start on my hair and my makeup. Spots on!" Ladybug rushed over to her trapdoor to lock it. Even though her parents were going to be gone for the entire weekend, she did not want to risk them coming home early to see Ladybug getting ready in Marinette's room. Ladybug then made her way over to the mirror on her vanity dresser. She went light and simple on the makeup, just wearing some basic red eyeshadow, black mascara, and a dark shade of pink lipstick. Rather than her usual pigtails, Ladybug pulled her hair up into a single bun. She wrapped a floral hairband around it and stuck two decorative chopsticks in her chair, channeling the Chinese traditions that ran in her mother's side of the family. She looked different, but it was a good different.

Ladybug opened up her balcony trapdoor and peeked around carefully, hoping that nobody would be able to see her in the darkened night. Using her enchanted yo-yo, she jumped from rooftop to rooftop until she made it to Le Grand Paris. Instead of immediately going inside, though, she strolled over to the edge of the roof and stared down at the city with a sigh. Moments later, Chat Noir met her there.

"What are you doing all the way up here by yourself? The party and its people are inside." Chat Noir leaned against the fenced miniature wall in which surrounded the entire rooftop.

"Couldn't I ask you the same exact thing?" Ladybug spoke without turning to look at him, her hands resting carefully on the top of the fenced wall.

Chat Noir shrugged his shoulders. "Hm. Fair enough." He stepped closer to her, also fixing his attention on the beautiful city. Neither of them spoke for a short time.

"I'm just not exactly used to people throwing parties for me. And then the mayor goes and throws a ball just for us? I don't do any of this for the recognition, you know. Why else would I still wear a mask?" Another small sigh escaped from her lips.

Chat Noir chuckled at the irony, "Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. We better get going, though. We shouldn't miss out on too much of our own ball." Ladybug finally turned around to face him. She looked him up and down, admiring his appearance. His usual disguise was being worn, but we wore a tuxedo over top of it. Ladybug must have been looking at him for loo long, though. "Enjoying the view, my lady?" He smirked proudly.

Ladybug flinched and blushed with embarrassment, hoping Chat Noir didn't notice. "I'm just not used to seeing you in a tux, Chat. Maybe you are not aware, but you clean up quite well." She smiled at him and decided to throw him a playful wink.

Chat Noir grinned from ear to ear. "What about you? You look absolutely stunning!" He took her hand to twirl her around to get a better view of her outfit. "I've never seen anything like it! Did you make this dress yourself?"

Ladybug blushed slightly, only this time because of the compliments. "As a matter of fact, I did."

"It's truly beautiful...as are you. I love what you've done with your hair, too!" He winked at her playfully, trying to brighten up her mood. "So, are your ready, m'lady?" He held out his hand for her.

Ladybug flicked his nose with her index finger. "Let's go, you silly kitty." She gladly accepted his hand. Ladybug held on to him tightly as Chat Noir used his staff in order to lower the two of them down onto the street below.

Chat Noir stuck out his elbow, in which Ladybug then held onto his arm with her hand. "Let's make an entrance, shall we?"

The two heroes entered the ballroom together when everyone stopped to gaze in awe. As Ladybug and Chat Noir walked down the grand staircase, the room was completely silent other than for mere whispers...until Alya began to freak out. She sprinted over to them, despite Nino's efforts to hold her back. "Oh my gosh! Chat Noir! Ladybug! Will you please let me get a picture of you two for my Ladyblog?"