Abandoned Friendships

♡Alya's Point of View♡

A few weeks ago, my best friend Marinette started dating Adrien. He has been her crush since the beginning of the school year. At first, I was more than overjoyed with excitement for her. After all, I want nothing but happiness for my best friend and she practically squealed when she first told me about it! However, now I'm beginning to feel slightly left out. It used to always be Mari and I that would hang out everyday after school. Now, it's always her and Adrien. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally psyched about them finally dating! I just wish she had time for her best friend, too.

I have noticed something quite odd about them, though. They are always whispering about something when no one else is around. One time, I walked up to them and asked what they were talking about and both Mari and Adrien acted weird. In fact, they both looked frightened as if I heard something they didn't want me to hear. I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Nino interrupted my train of thought by sitting down next to me in class. I might have forgotten to mention that Marinette and him switched seats for Mrs. Bustier's class. Oh, and that Nino is also now my boyfriend. Adrien hasn't been hanging out with Nino lately, either. It sort of pushed Nino and I to become great friends, and later something...more. I suppose Adrien and Marinette dating has improved my life in its own ways, as well. It isn't like any of us are on bad terms, Nino and I just feel a little forgotten.

Immediately after class ended, Adrien and Marinette approached both Nino and I. "Can we talk to you both for a minute? It won't take long, promise!" Marinette smiled guiltily.

I looked at my boyfriend before we both nodded our heads. Adrien added, "We feel extremely bad about leaving you guys out. It was never intentional. I guess we've just been so caught up in our relationship that we forgot to leave time for our friends." He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I mean, I wasn't even there for you when you and Nino started dating, Alya! I'm such a terrible person! I'm so sorry." Marinette lowered her head in shame.

I glared at her with a straight face. Moments later, I smiled and embraced my bestie with a hug. "I've missed you, too. Girl, we have so much to talk about!" Marinette smiled. What did I ever do to deserve such a good friend like her? From the corner of my eye, Adrien and Nino were making up as well.

"Hey, what do you guys think about going on a double date later? I'll buy!" Adrien suggested.

"Yo, dude. That's a great idea!" Nino fist-bumped his best bro.

"It's a date, then." Marinette winked. We all started walking out of the classroom. With Adrien and Nino's back turned to us, Marinette leaned in to whisper to me. "Adrien and I talk about you and Nino all the time. You better spill all of the details, girl!"