Chapter 13 -Part One-

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There will be two parts to this chapter, and part two will be up soon maybe late tonight or early tomorrow :) 

<<------------------------- Psst... :) It's an orange button... You should click it.... 

PLEASE, please, please tell me what you think if this chapter by a vote or comment! CONSTRICTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME :) 

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 13

            It had been a week now since that eventful day in the ice cream shop and everyone was still on high alert. My dad had gotten the Alpha to order the pack to keep a look out for Damon and had also gotten the police on the look out.

            James has been an entirely different story. He’s always hovering over me, all day. He even got his friends, the ones he was talking to at the meeting, to watch over me when he wasn’t able to.

            It got to the point where I was about to go insane. Now, you’d think having your mate by your side all day 24/7 would be a good thing, but when he is hovering over you like some over protective guard dog? It’s not that great.

            Friday after school me and him were walking to his car, he won’t let me drive alone, and I was arguing about it with him.

            “Come on, it’s not as if Damon would appear in the middle of the road and suddenly jump in my car while it’s moving. He’s human, not werewolf.” I said, the stress of the past week finally getting to me.

            “He could very well do that! For all you know, you could be at a stop sign and he could bust your window open, unlock the door, and climb in,” said James.

I snorted. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. He’s human, James,”

We were at his car now, standing out side of it. “Human? He didn’t act human Anna. How else could he have busted that door open? Huh? As far as I know, humans shouldn’t be able to do that,”

I groaned. “He’s human, we would have smelt it. Besides, you didn’t spend two years of your life with him,” James growled. “Oh would you stop it!”

“Stop what?” He growled.

“Stop acting so over-protective, like you can control my life!” I cried. “You’ve stopped me from driving to and from school, and won’t even let me out of the house alone to go get the mail at the end of the drive way! You weren’t like this before!” I took a deep breath and continued, “Just stop it, James!”

“I’ll stop when you’re safe and out of danger, because I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if you got hurt again on my watch,” He said, his voice low.

“I won’t get hurt again!” I cried. “Just… stop,”

He walked a few steps away from me, ran hand through his dark brown hair then turned around to face me. His eyes were dark and filled with pain.

“How do you know that, Anna? How do you know you won’t get hurt again?” James said. “If I stopped, stopped trying to protect you, stopped trying to keep you safe, and stopped worrying about you, I may as well stop loving you!”

 “W-what?” his words took me by surprise.

“I said I may as well stop loving you.” He growled. The first time he said it, it felt like he had slapped me. The second time, it felt like someone took my heart and ripped it in half, then ripped it in half again and stomped on it until it turned to dust.