Chapter 9

Did you guys notice the new cover? Well, I would hope you did, but I want to thank papaby123 for making this awesome cover! You rock! 

Anyways, on with the chapter! 

Enjoy :)

Chapter 9

ANNA'S POV

I walked back out of the forest and into the clearing where James was waiting to talk with me. I don't really know what he's going to say, but it probably wouldn't be too good and I still felt really bad for running away from him.

I leaned up against a tree not too far from him, and he watched me. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked my head down, staring at the ground. 

He sighed, and hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Why did you run away from me?" He asked and I could hear the hurt in his voice. A wave of regret washed over me but I pushed it aside. 

I hesitated, not sure what to say. What should I say? I ran because I was scared? Even though I was scared, I wasn't about to admit it. I would feel even worse. 

"I... I ran because I was scared and I don't want to be hurt again or made fun of or rejected." I said, the words pouring out of my mouth. I didn't want to say that! Anything close to that! 

James' expression was blank, and for a moment I wondered if he even heard me. Then his face was contorted with anger and he was shaking, his eyes glowing a slight gold color. He’s not mad at me, is he?

 "Who. Is. He."  James growled out. Good, so he’s not mad at me.

"His name is Damon Sheets." I said quietly. 

A loud growl echoed through the forest, and I cringed at the unexpected noise, pressing my self farther against the tree I was leaning against. 

"He will regret ever harming you," He said, growling at the end. He was still shaking furiously and his eyes were a bright glowing gold. Crap. I forgot how possessive males were over their mates. I mean, I knew they were possessive, but not like this. 

"Y-you need to calm down..." I said feebly, and not to my surprise, it didn't work. 

"Calm down? How can I calm down when he all but... I can't even say it! How dare he even think about hurting you?!" James roared, shaking even harder now. If he didn't calm down like right now, he's going to shift. It's not that bad, considering we're in the middle of the woods but I don't really want a furious wolf on the loose. 

So I did the one thing that I hoped would calm him down and stepped forward, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugged him as tight as I could, pulling him closer. He stopped shaking so much, and he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair. 

"I'm sorry," He said after a while. "I just... It makes me mad to think that-"

"I know,” I interrupted. "I know."

He sighed, his breath ruffling my hair a little bit. "It's not okay, especially when he did all that to you. Has he done anything else to you?"

I hesitated and I saw his face darken a little bit. "He's stalking me..." I whispered.

James froze. "He's stalking you. That's why you moved, isn't it?" He asked stepping an arms length back and placing both of his hands on my shoulder.  

I nodded, looking down. "Yeah, but we don't know why... He's not even one of us." 

He growled. "Well he'd better stop if he knows what’s good for him." 

I just nodded, not knowing what to say. 

I let out a yelp of surprise when James pulled me into another hug. "I hope you know I would never do any of that to you, ever. I would kill my self if I even thought about it." He said. 

"I know, but there's always a chance." I said, hugging him back.

He growled the sound vibrating through my body. "There will never be a chance of you getting hurt like that again, I swear to it." 

I sighed. "Okay..." 

JAMES' POV

Anna sighed. "Okay..." I hugged her tighter to me, trying to reassure her. It hurts to think that she thought I would hurt her in anyway. I would hate my self forever if I ever even looked at her the wrong way. 

"We should probably get back to school," I said. Even though I could care less if I skipped, she might not want to get behind in any classes. 

"No, school doesn't sound good to me right now. Maybe we could just skip today or something..." Anna said. We? She said 'we'? 

"We?" I asked, still unsure. 

"Yeah, we could do something today, instead of going back. I mean, I'm still new here so I don't really know my way around." She told me. 

I considered that for a moment. I could show her around town. "Ok, I'll show you around town and then maybe we could get something to eat." I said.

"Sure!" I smiled. I was going to get to spend a day with Anna. This could possibly be the best day of my life. 

We shifted and then ran back to the school, shifting back when we got to the edge of the forest. "Um... You have a car, right?" I laughed.

"Yes, I have a car. Its right over there," I said, pointing to the black mustang in the distance. 

"Oh." Anna muttered. We walked over to the car and I opened the door for Anna to get in. 

"Thank you," She said. 

I smiled and walked over to the other side and got in, starting the car and driving out of the parking lot. 

"So, the school is almost in the center of the town,  so everything else is just around it." I said as I made a left that would lead us to a Plaza. Anna nodded and stared out the window. 

"So, where are we going?" I heard her ask.

"A plaza type area, it just has a bunch of shops and food places. If we would have turned right, it would be more stores, gas stations and banks really. There's nothing over there interesting really." I told her.

"So, what do you want for lunch?" I asked as we arrived in the Plaza.

"Umm... How about Steak 'n Shake? I haven't been there in forever." 

"Whatever you want, Anna," I said as I pulled in to the restaurant. I glanced over at her and saw that she was blushing. She was too cute for her own good. 

I got out of the car and so did she. I waited for her at the front of the car and I took her hand when she reached my side, feeling the sparks run up my arm. 

She froze, un-expecting this but smiled when I tugged her towards the door. "Come on, or would you like to stand out her forever?" I said. She laughed and came to stand beside me.

Today, with Anna by my side, would be a good day.