Chapter 12

HI guys! Sorry this has taken me like two months to update, but I'm busy with school. Like, really busy. The only reason I'm updating this now is becuase I've been home sick for like 4 days with something close to the flu... 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this! 

If you guys can get close to ten votes (eight at the least) then I might update sooner :) Oh, at least five comments work too! They are MUCH appreciated! 

Happy reading! 

Chapter 12

 James POV

I was talking to a few of my old friends when my dad came up to us suddenly, his eyes blazing with rage. I stiffened. This couldn't be good. 

I pulled Anna closer to me and waited for what my dad had to say. I knew he would speak to me eventually, but I was hoping he would just ignore me or something. It wasn't easy coming to this pack ceremony and on top of coming here, I had to deal with my dad who I was sure hated me. 

"James," He said his voice tight. "Why are you here?"

Everyone in the pack goes silent. I pulled Anna closer to me and said, "I'm here with my Mate."

He growled and swore under his breath. “Fine," Father paused, seeming to think but must have thought better of it and turned away, stalking off somewhere. 

I stared after him, wondering if he would come back. 

I felt Anna turn to look at me and heard her ask softly, "Do you want to leave?" I looked down at her, and the drama with my father faded from my mind. She was so pretty, with her light brown hair neatly framing her face and her bright blue eyes shining up at me. She was mine. 

I smiled. "Only if you want to," 

Anna's POV

I stared out the car window at the trees blurring past. We had left, telling my parents I wanted to go home so James and I were now on our way to a little ice cream shop he said everyone loves. 

In the reflection of the window I could see James, one hand on the wheel and the other resting on the consol between us, my hand in his. I didn't really mind leaving the meeting and I could tell it would bother James (and his father) if he stayed much longer. Besides, I was with my mate and that's all I really cared about. 

I leaned my head back against the head rest and sighed happily closing my eyes. 

Soon enough, James pulled into the ice cream shop and parked the car. It was an old brick building with three wooden stairs leading to a porch with wrought iron tables and chair set up on it. There were large windows with white translucent shade hanging down from the inside.

"Stay," James muttered and I looked over to ask him what he was doing when he got out of the car and went around to my side, opening the car door for me. Aw! That's so sweet!

Getting out of the car I turned to face him and saw his face turn slightly red. "What are you looking at?" He asked his gaze dropping to the gravel ground. 

"Aw! Are you blushing?" I closed the distance between us and hugged him. 

He muttered, "No," and hugged me back, his chin resting on top of my head. I could stay like this forever wrapped in his arms. "I want to think of this as our first date. Sound good to you?" I heard him say. First date? I pulled away slightly to look up at him.

"Really," I asked. My mind had not yet come to terms with this. First date?! With my mate? Heck yes!

He looked nervous, and a bit of pain flashed in his eyes. "Well, I'm mean if you don't want to-"