Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Song: Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine

(Sorry for the extensive wait!)

...

Struck with an ongoing headache, my eyelashes began to flutter open to reveal a fuzzy obscure image. A constant throbbing situated nearby my eyes, but perhaps a few centimeters north. I recall witnessing my older sister return home a couple of times, explaining how her forehead had been persistently pounding and that she couldn't bare listening to my babbling. I wondered if what I had been currently experiencing was similar to the features she pronounced. Then again, I wouldn't expect myself to be returning from a club possessing  a DJ, a dance floor, and lastly, a bar which was accompanied with an inattentive bartender who must've neglected to remember to inspect his customer's IDs.

Gradually, I regained my focus and noticed an icy object above my forehead. I had been vulnerably lying unconsciously across a cushioned yet uncomfortable platform.

"W-Where am I?" I asked softly, nearly whispering.

"My office," responded a female draped in an extensive white coat, "I suppose you were in a hurry to try to find your first period class, but you must've accidentally forgotten our no running within the school corridors policy. A handsome young ginger politely dragged you into here, even after you crashed into him. However he was in no condition to be participating in class with a bump on the head as swollen as the one he displayed."

"So what happened to him?" I anxiously worried.

"His mother arrived to pick him up."

"Do you remember his name?"

"I believe the student announced that his name was Wally West. Familiar?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'm not sure he'd been acquainted to you. He didn't bother to describe you with a name," she stated before unlocking one of her cabinets.

"My name is Kori Anders.."

"Well, Miss Anders, your sister is on her way. You as well are in no condition to be learning for a seven hour period. Perhaps you'll be able to begin fresh tomorrow, on the second day of this semester."

Clutching onto the ice pack protecting the swollen throbbing,  I mentioned that I was feeling better in high hopes that she'd take this into consideration to allow me to continue my first day.

She didn't. She repeated herself multiple times, trying to get me to lie down. However, I could barely distinguish what she was saying. I kept wondering...that immature teen who attempted to prank me, that pink maned chick with anger-management-issues, the hopeless romantic platinum blonde, the ginger who supposedly dragged me into the Nurse's Office who I recall dressed in a Doctor Who T-shirt, the adorable couple involving the guy who performed a ceremony after losing his car and the trendy teen with sass, the lovable goofball who thought fondly of the abused goth girl and cared incredibly deeply for her, the obnoxious blondie who became obsessed with a certain mysterious boy, the detailed artist, and those captivating blue eyes...

Everything. It was all simply my imagination.

My name is Kori Anders. Greetings.

How many times will I have to be The New Girl?

...

"Starfire!" He shouted.

I opened my eyes.

...

Thank you all so much for reading this story no matter how terrible some of the chapters were lol.

Yes, this book has hit its final conclusion, but new stories with far better plots, storylines, and characters are on its way! ❤️

Thank you all for being patient and waiting for me! You guys made this story possible! And I can't even imagine what I would do without my readers!

Thank you! ❤️❤️
-Ash