Chapter 28 Finally!!!

It hurts to breathe, it hurts to live. I hate her, yet I do not think I can exist without her...

Charlotte Featherstone.

Just when Steve was about to start his car, his phone rang and strange enough its a called from Edward's mother. He quickly answered his phone.

"Hello?"

"Officer we got a text from Eddie. Please! You must come and see this. We can't be sure yet but we think he might still be alive. You need to come and take a look at at this."

As soon as the news gathered in his thought, Officer Steve start his engine and drive out of the parking space.

"I'll be there in 5. Hold still."

He turn off the phone call and drive as fast as he can to their house. His heart was beating like crazy. Just when he thought he couldn't solve the case, a miracle had light upon him and save Edward from whatever nightmare his facing.

After a couple of speed driving, Steve arrived in front of the house and walk to it quickly. He knock on the door and soon enough, Mr. Dawson open the door. His face laced with lack of sleep and exhaustion.

"Officer Steve, please come in."

Steve nod his head at Mr.Dawson and walk in straight to Miss Dawson who had been sitting on the couch, looking rather scared.

As soon as she saw Officer Steve, she stood up and walk to him. She wipe the tears on her face and quickly show him the text.

"Here. I just got it 10 minutes ago. I don't know the number and we called you as soon as we receive the text."

Officer Steve took the phone from Miss Dawson to have a further examination. She's right. This would look like something that Edward would send.

"I need to take this to the office and locate where the text is send from. But for the time being, I need you to stay in the house and tell me where Benjamin Evan live."

He put the phone in his pocket and turn to look at Mister and Miss Dawson in hope.

He had been right. His gut was right. Benjamin Evan is the guy. Just wait when he get his hand on that fucked up guy. His never gonna see the outside world again. Ever.

"We..." Mister and Miss Dawson exchanged a confused look. Officer Steve look at them both questionably.

"We don't really know. After he moved out from the house, his the one that had been visiting us. When we ask him, he would always just smile and change the subject. That bastard!!! I should've known he was nothing but a worthless piece of shit!" Scold Mr.Dawson. His face blast in red anger.

"Calm down Mr.Dawson. I'm sure it was something that neither of us can predict. Now, you really don't know where his house is?"

"I'm afraid not Officer. We were friends with his parents but even when they were alive, they were very secluded and private. We never know where they live. We thought they might just be embarrassed because you know, they're not very well with financial." Said Miss Dawson.

"How about the school record?" Mr.Dawson suddenly raise the question.

Officer Steve shook his head.

"I've already check his school record and it wrote that he lived here. They didn't change his address."

"Then, what are we going to do now?" Miss Dawson started to cry and let out heavy sobs. "What are we going to do Jake?" Miss Dawson look up to his husband and cry in his arm.

"I assure you Miss Dawson, we will find Edward and catch Benjamin. Please, if you know anything and I mean anything about Benjamin that we can use against him, tell me as fast as you can. We don't have any much time left." Mister and Miss Dawson nod at Officer Steve instruction.

"I'll call you when I have any news. For the time being, stay in your home and don't worry. I have my men watching over your house."

Officer Steve turn to walk out of the house and proceed to his car. When he was set on the driver seat, he took out his phone and called Howard.

Howard's probably having a cosy and warm dinner with his family right now and he hated nothing more than to disturbed him. But they just got a huge lead and he can't do this alone. So, he called him with a heavy heart and after a few ring, Officer Howard answered the call.

"What's up?" Officer Howard said.

"Hey, Edward just send his parents a text."

"What?! When?"

"About 15 minutes ago. I need you to come to the headquarter and we need to locate where the text come from. You alright with that?"

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in 20. Wait for me."

"Okay." Officer Steve cut off the call and drive his car back to the office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Dawson

I think its been a couple af hours since I send mom the text. Would she knows that its me? Would she even get it? Did I send the text to a wrong number?

Shit! Now I'm confuse.

I try to recalled the number that I pressed when I hit send. No, I can't be bothered to think about this right now. I'll never gonna know what happen and I can't let Ben see me looking rather disturbed.

I jolted in surprise when he move. He faced my back and place his arm over my waist and hold me tight. He pull my body towards him in a desperate manner as if I would escape from his hold anytime soon.

I wonder what will happen to him if they found me? I'm sure his gonna be in prison and all but what if he got away? That can't be right. They wouldn't just let him go.

His a criminal and god knows that as long as he live, my life is not mine. He would own my fear and thought and surely I cannot escape from him. Not as long as I can see that he is downright dead in front of me.

I was drown in his hold after a few minutes so, I slowly get out from bed and walk to the kitchen upstairs. I don't know what time it is but I was hungry as hell.

My stomach grumble asking me for food and I urge myself to eat anything as long as I don't feel like I'm starving anymore. I open the fridge and grab the leftover dinner.

From yesterday of course.

I pinch the fried chicken and put it in my mouth and for sure, it taste like heaven. Over the last few months, I had lost a lot of weight. I barely eat and if I did, I might as well just throw up.

I'm sick but for sure Ben can't see that at all. He didn't even notice how scrawny and thin I am. Too busy 'loving me' I guess.

I was busy eating the food but when my hand suddenly make contact with my neck, I remember what was put on me. I wanted to stand in front of a mirror and look how I must've resembled a dog but Ben was smart enough to know that I'll find my way out with the sharp glasses. Even if I would suicide.

No use whining about the collar. Its on me anyway. All I gotta do now is wait for help to come. Any sort of help.

But what if no one came?

A small voice on the back of my head suddenly said. Great, now I can hear voices.

Awesome. Soon enough, I can see ghost.

Wait, I don't want that. My life is sad enough and to be able to see those kind of stuff is going to kill me for sure.

God, I take that back.