Chapter 17

Chapter 16 

"I can't believe my brother is that big of a cheese ball!" Jill said, shaking her head. This was all she said since I told her where he took me last night. 

That's right, she's been stuck on this topic since last night. 

 I rolled my eyes, "Yes your brother is a hopeless romantic. Can we do something fun now?" 

"Like what?" She asked, plopping down on the couch next to me. 

Shrugging, I answered, "Anything but sitting around the house all day." 

Jill smiled like a Cheshire cat and I looked at her questioningly before she exclaimed, "Let's go shopping! Just you and me!" 

Sighing, I nodded, "I guess. Let's go get dressed and we'll go?" 

She nodded excitedly as we went up the stairs and into my room. Going through my closet, she decided on on wearing classic blue skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. Sighing, I pulled on a pair of leggings and a cream blouse. I paired it with grey boots while Jill chose to wear flip flops-- she's crazy, I know. 

Grabbing our bags, we got into her car and arrived at the mall within twenty minutes. Hopping out, I was dragged to our first destination-- the shoe store. 

"Holy crap. Faith! Faith do you see how perfectly these heels fit!? They were practically made for me, Faith!" She exclaimed those exact words for the seventh time. This was the seventh store, after all. I was tired and drained and suddenly Jill squeaked. 

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Homecoming is next week!" She shouted and my eyes bulged. I didn't have anything to wear. 

I spoke my thoughts, "What are we gonna wear!?" 

She sighed, "It's a good thing we're at the mall." 

I agreed. 

So we left that store, Jill thankfully forgetting about the shoes, and we made our way to a boutique filled with dresses that screamed homecoming. Only, I didn't like any of them. 

At the boutique, I scrunched up my nose at every dress tried on; they were either too slutty or too girly. When she stepped out in a white short sleeved dress that was tight at the top but then poofed out around the belly button in a couple of layers. I smiled, "I love it." 

Jill chuckled, "Good, because I do too!" 

Laughing, we walked over to the shoes where she picked out a pair of hot pink high heels. I smiled at her as she bought them, "Are you sure you didn't like anything?" 

I nodded, "Positive." 

We walked out of the store and as we passed them, I looked in the windows but nothing caught my eye. I groaned, "What am I gonna do?" 

"We can go back and look again," She offered but I just shook my head. That place gave me headaches. After walking around some more, I glanced into WetSeal and my eyes widened. Stopping in my tracks, Jill stopped too and followed my gaze. 

"In there?" She asked. I nodded. 

We walked in and I grabbed the dress I had seen from outside. It was the last one and I looked at the size, breathing out in relief, "It's my size!" 

Jill clapped, "Yay! Now go try it on! Now!" 

Laughing, I made my way to the changing room and took off my clothes, slipping on the dress and smiled when I saw myself in the reflection. It was a tight-fitting black dress with long sleeve floral lace sleeves. The dress stopped a couple inches past my butt. I smiled at my reflection and stepped out of the changing room, causing Jill to gasp, "It's perfect!" 

I smiled, "It's the dress." 

"How much is it?" She rushed out. 

Checking the tag, my smile grew, if possible, "It's on sale for thirty dollars." 

Her smile grew too. 

After paying, we went back to the shoe store and scoured around for shoes to go with my dress. Finally, I decided on three inch red peep toe pumps. And let me tell you, they made my legs look a mile long with the dress. 

As we left the mall, a group of guys came up to us. The guy in the middle, who I was guessing was their 'leader', looked me up and down, "Hey baby. Can I get a slice of cherry pie and you?" 

The other two guys began flirting with Jill and I side glanced at her. Mind linking, I asked her, What do you wanna do? 

Kick them in the balls and run? She suggested. 

I mentally rolled my eyes, More realistic. Like pretending to be with each other? 

Honestly, I half expected her to bust out laughing like I was about to, but she just answered with, No offense hun, you're hot and all, but I wouldn't turn for that reason. 

Crying loners it is, then, I told her before she could stop. 

"Wil you take me to homecoming!?" I fake sobbed on his shoulder, "I mean all the guys are just so mean!" 

"Uh-- I, uh..." 'Mr.Smooth' stuttered and I mentally smirked. On the outside, I continued crying. 

"And- M-my boyfriend dumped me and homecoming's next week!" I sobbed. 

I heard footsteps running away and 'Mr. Smooth' calling after them. His hands wrapped around my wrists, he mutter "sorry" before running away after his friends. Giving Jill a high five, we shouted after them, "Jack ass!" 

Yeah, it felt pretty good. 

"That was hysterical," She mused as we walked into her house. We had already stopped at my house and dropped my bags off and we only now stopped laughing or talking about their reactions. 

"What was?" Liam questioned, poking his head out of the kitchen, then revealing his whole body. 

Jill smirked at him, "Wouldn't you like to know?" 

He rolled his eyes and walked over to me, kissing my forehead, "Yes. Yes I would." 

"Some guys tried to flirt with us," He growled, "So we faked obsessive crying girls and made them run away then called them jack asses then ran away." 

"Where was this?" He demanded. 

Rolling my eyes I wrapped my arms around his waist, "Calm down Mr. Protective. It was at the mall." 

He groaned, "I don't need to know about your shopping trip anymore, then." 

I smirked, "Did you and the other guys realize homecoming was in one week?" 

His eyes widened. and I laughed, "Shit." 

Liam kissed my cheek before pulling out his phone and running up the stairs. 

"Have fun figuring out how to ask!" I shouted after him and he cursed again. 

Jill chuckled as she came back down the stairs from dropping her bags off in her room, "Good job." 

I winked at her, "I know." 

Walking into the living room, we plopped down on her couch and began watching an episode of Spongebob. Mature, right? 

As the second episode started, Liam plopped down next to me, arm around my shoulder, I snuggled into him and he pecked the top of my head. 

"So what's your plan?" I whispered to him. 

He smirked at me, "Wouldn't you like to now." 

I shot a look to Jill, who winked at me. Somehow, we both silently knew, that our guys were working together on this. It was just intuition, I guess. 

I flicked his ear, "Loser." 

Liam smiled, "You know I'm not."

Sighing, I shook my head, "You should be." 

A/N: Pic of Jill's dress → you'll see Faith's dress next chappie ;)