Chapter 32

(please read the author's note at the end.)

Chapter 32 

Two weeks. That's the time elapsed since the "event". I've hardly heard a word about it-- no one's been daring enough to talk about the subject if I was anywhere near. With all honesty, I want to talk about it. I want to just let out all the bottled up feelings that were given to me. I want to forget it all, but I think I have to accept that it really happened first. It kind of feels like a dream--no. That was a nightmare. 

Shaking the thought out of my head I pulled my towel tighter around me and sighed as I twirled my air-drying hair with my finger. Walking over to my bed, I pulled out my phone and speed dialed number four. 

"Hello?" 

I smiled, "Hey, can you come over? I'm kind of having a meltdown as to what I should wear tonight." 

"I'll be there in ten minutes!" The line clicked dead. 

Sighing, I traded my towel for a bra, underwear and a plush white robe. Sitting down on my bed, I picked up the card I had found earlier. It was laid on my bed with red rose petals surrounding it. A grin bloomed on my face as I reread it. 

Faith, 

I hope you're ready for the night of  your life. I'll pick you up at eight sharp. 

Love,
Liam xoxo 

Setting the card down, I sighed in relief as the sound of a car pulling up the driveway reached my ears. The doorbell rang, muffled voices and my door was thrown open. 

"We're here to do our magic!" Jill burst into the room, followed by Alyssa who bumped her out of the way with her hip. She threw a bag on my bed and came up to me, taking my hair in her hand. 

She turned to Jill, "I think we should straighten it. We curled it last time anyways." 

"Excellent idea," Jill approved and turned to me, "So what are you wearing?" 

I sighed, "As of right now, my birthday suit," 

Alyssa laughed but stopped as Jill glared at her. She smiled at me, "Good thing I've got you covered." 

She walked over to her bag and pulled out a dress. I smiled, "Definitely." 

"Beauty time!" Alyssa interrupted and sat me down at my vanity. She spun me away from the mirror and started work. 

"Ow!" I shouted as an eyebrow was suddenly plucked. 

"Oops," Alyssa stated in a monotone voice, plucking another eyebrow. 

Jill huffed impatiently, "If we don't start her hair now she could be late!" 

I could imagine Alyssa rolling her eyes, "Just one last dab of gloss... And she's done!" 

"With makeup," Jill clarified before brushing through my hair. She set to work right away, straightening every possible strand of hair on my head. Finally, after an agonizing twenty minutes of hair pulling, she stepped away and clapped. "Done!" 

"I think I need clothes," I chuckled. 

"Well, I'm sure Liam would prefer you to go naked," Alyssa said with a wink. 

Jill gagged, "Gross! That's my brother, you know." 

A blush spread across my cheeks and they cooed. "Look, she's blushing!" 

"Shut up," I mumbled, trying to cover up the pink tinge on my cheeks. 

Jill pulled out the dress again and handed it to me. Quickly changing into it, I let the two accessorize me until it was 7:52. Liam would be here in eight minutes. 

They led me to the full length mirror and finally I was able to see what I looked like. My eyebrows rose in surprise. 

I was wearing a forest green dress that cut off at mid-thigh. Over it there was a light blue jean jacket and I had it paired with brown leather boots. Not a single hair was out of place and I stared at myself in shock. My makeup was done so well, you could barely tell it was there, yet I looked fresh out of a magazine ad. 

Turning to the two girls, my eyes were watering, "Thank you so much." 

"Don't you dare cry!" Alyssa scolded with a smile, "You'll ruin my masterpiece!" 

"And I don't want tears on my dress," Jill teased. 

I smiled, "You're the best." 

"We know," Jill shrugged it off, "Now we'll get going so you can get picked up." 

"Bye," I breathed out, nervousness starting to bubble up inside of me. 

Picking up the bag I was instructed to use, I slipped my phone inside of it and made my way down the steps. The doorbell rang. Glancing at the clock, it was eight on the dot. Pulling the door open, I smiled at Liam. 

"Hey," He greeted me, slightly breathless. 

I laughed, "Hi." 

Shaking his head, he offered me his arm and I took it. He led me to the car and opened the door for me, waiting until I was in the car to close it. He ran around to his side and backed out of the driveway, a small smile on his face. 

"You look beautiful, as always," He glances over at me as we drive. 

I blushed a mumbled a thank you. 

Liam laughed, "You're adorable when you're nervous." 

Rolling my eyes, I gave him an incredulous look, "Really?" 

"We're here," He announced. Looking around, I saw we were in a small clearing in the woods. There was a picnic table with a single candle in the center. 

Sitting across from him at the table, he pulled out two baggies and handed one to me. I laughed, "Peanut butter and jelly." 

"I made them myself," He stated proudly. 

I raised an eyebrow, "And they're edible?" 

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes at me. 

Once we finished our "five-star" meal, he led me over to the opposite edge of the clearing and simply laid down. I rested next to him and stared up at the sky along with him, our hands intertwined together. 

"Can you promise me we'll always be together no matter what?" He asked me. 

"I can try my best," I gave him a sad smile. 

He sat up and I mocked him, giving him a questioning look. He leaned in and kissed me with a passion he's never used before, holding me as though if he let go I'd disappear. 

Our conversation in the park a couple weeks ago came back to me. 

Pulling away from the kiss, I looked right into his eyes, "I want you to mark me. I'm ready to be your Luna." 

"Really?" He asked, in shock. 

I chuckled, "Yeah." 

"My house is empty," He nodded. 

"Then what are we waiting for?" I asked him. 

He laughed and scooped me up, carrying me into the car and making our way to his house. He carried my bridal style up the stairs and kicked open the door to his room and closing it with his foot. He set me down carefully on the bed and I kicked off my shoes. He followed suit and climbed onto the bed, hovering over me. 

He kissed me again, and I kissed back as he tangled his hands through my hair. 

He took his shirt off and slipped off my dress. He stared at me and my flesh was covered in goosebumps. He bent his head down right above mine and looked me dead in the eyes, "Are you sure about this?" 

I nodded, biting my lip. 

A/N: No rated R scenes for you! Ha sorry! I seriously can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the last chapter of Lessons in Love. The Epilogue will be posted sometime soon. Please read the author's note at the end of it.