Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

I was panting as I ran through the woods. I didn't know where I was going-- I've only been here for three days. All I knew is that I was surrounded by woods. I could be anywhere, I thought to myself. My wolf was whimpering inside me, sad that I had left her mate. 

Our mate, she corrected me. 

Rolling my eyes, I slid down the trunk of a tree and sat there. As I thought over what had just happened, the first of many tears slipped down my face. Soon, I was sobbing uncontrollably into my hands. 

The snapping sound of a twig startled me. Snapping my head up, I got to my feet and looked around, searching for any sign of anyone else. Another snap. I spun around, staring at the source of the sound. Another snap and I spun around again. A throat cleared and turned back around to face a guy who looked to be about twenty five. 

Something about him made me dislike him. 

He was tall, around six foot, with dark hair that was gelled up. He had stubbled giving him a dangerous edge. Though his all black clothes did that job for him. His light eyes contradicted with his looks. 

"You're on claimed territory," His voice was deep and powerful. Probably an Alpha. 

I was on another pack's territory; they were going to kill me, "I-I'm so s-sorry, I just moved here three days ago, t-to W-Windsor Hollow, I mean. I was just r-running and I g-got lost..." 

"What's your name?" He asked. 

"Faith," I told him. 

He half smiled, "Well, Faith, I'll let you off this time, just don't let me catch you on my territory again. I'm Morgan by the way-- Alpha." 

"Thank you, Alpha Morgan. I should get back to my territory now," I told him, bowing my head before disappearing behind a few trees. 

When I was sure he couldn't see me any longer, I took off into a sprint until I was sure I was in my own territory again. I slowed to a jog and sighed relief when I saw my bag was still where I had left it. Picking it up and slinging it on my shoulder, I walked on the skirt of the woods until I was on my street. Making my way down, I opened the front door and stepped in. 

I hope the fact that I was crying isn't noticeable. 

As quietly as I could, I made my way up the steps and into my room, quietly closing my door. I placed my bag on my desk and flopped onto my back on my bed. 

Why does everything have to be so complicated? 

 I heard the front door open and pounding footsteps, my door flew open and Jason stood in the doorway, "Where the hell have you been!?" 

"Well hello to you too, brother," I say sarcastically. 

He glared at me, "I looked for you and I called you but you were nowhere to be found! What the hell, Faith?" 

Sighing, I turned to look at him, "I'm sorry. I just wasn't feeling well so I took a run and came home." 

Running a hand down his face, he shook his head quickly, "Just please don't do it again." 

"Sir, yes, sir!" I mock saluted him. With one last eye roll, he left my room. 

Standing up, I walked over to my door and skipped down the steps. Sliding into the kitchen, I open the fridge and take out a slice of watermelon. Munching on it happily, I threw the green part in the garbage just as the doorbell rang. 

"I got it!" I called over my shoulder to no one in particular. I opened up the door and came face to face with none other than Liam Cooper. 

"Liam..." I breathed.