Chapter 30

Chapter 30 

The bed was cold. That was the first thing I noticed as the drowsiness began to fade away. Peeling my eyes open and looking around the room, I saw that Liam was missing. Sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I slid the covers off and got off the bed. I was still wearing my white top and jeans. Making my way to the door, I pulled it open and treaded down the hall and steps. Stepping into the kitchen where I heard some chatter, I almost laughed as I saw Liam with an apron on, bent over a steaming pan of what looked like eggs. 

Our friends stood around the kitchen, laughing at Liam and shouting bad advice at him. Drew winked at me and I smiled as I walked up behind my mate. Wrapping my arms around his waist, he jumped and dropped the spoon he was using. A spoon for eggs? I chuckled as he jumped, "You really suck at making food." 

"Well, I've never really had to make food before," He admitted as he spun around to face me. 

Jill laughed, "He tried making toaster waffles earlier and completely disintegrated them somehow!" 

I snicked as his face turned bright red, "How about you let the girls and I take care of the food?" 

"Hallelujah!" Josh shouted and walked out of the kitchen followed by Drew. Liam sighed and nodded, kissing me on the forehead before walking out after the guy. I turned to the girls--Jill, Alyssa, Danny and Cat. 

Shaking my head, I picked up the spoon from the floor and sighed, "He was making scrambled eggs with a spoon?" 

"It was terribly hilarious," Danny admitted and I laughed. 

Clearing the garbage Liam tried to pass off as food, we started from scratch. We worked as an effective team, everyone having a job. Soon, our beautiful breakfast was finished, complete with french toast, eggs, pancakes, normal toast, and a nice pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice courtesy of Cat. 

Carrying all the plates out to the dining room and setting them on the table, we took our servings before Danny called for the guys, "Breakfast!" 

They came running in and Jason was added to the group of boys. He walked up to me and hugged me, "Thank god you're okay." 

"I'll always be okay," I told him, chuckling. 

He rolled his eyes at me with a slight smiled on his face before sitting down next to Danny. Liam sat next to me and pulled my chair closer to his. Raising an eyebrow at him, I shook my head and began to eat my breakfast. The guys all moaned in content at the same time as they took a bite of the food. Liam was the first to recover from the taste, "You girls can make breakfast anytime you want." 

We all laughed. 

Finishing my breakfast, I put my plate in the sink and walked over to the counter where a newspaper was sitting out. It was today's (Sunday's) paper. Picking it up, I read the front page headline and decided to read on. 

FREAK ACCIDENT IN CHESTER RIDGE 

Last night, in Chester Ridge, there was a freak accident involving the deaths of at least thirty people. Authorities were told there was a party going on in the mansion when a match to light a candle was dropped, setting the house ablaze. The people inside were intoxicated and could not escape the burning home. It is believed they started a riot among each other by authorities because of the scratches on a lot of their bodies. The party goers that remained outside were the lucky survivors and some managed to call 911 through their stupor. The owner of the house, Morgan Wilson, was found dead and trampled in what was believed to be his bedroom. Police hope to prevent something like this ever happening again. Out of the thirty dead, seven were minors. 

At the bottom of the article was a picture of the burning pack house. 

Liam walked in, concern on his face, "Are you okay, Faith?" 

Handing him the newspaper, I supported myself on the counter. Lips thin as he finished the article, he set it down on the counter and wrapped me up in his arms. No words, no comforting speeches. Just a simple hug, but it was enough to make me feel better. He had that power over me. 

"I think we should go back," He whispered and I just nodded. 

Walking back into the room, our friends were talking animatedly and it was as if no one noticed our absence. We naturally rejoined the conversation and none of our friends questioned it. All seemed good. 

"Let's do something today!" Cat exclaimed. 

"Like sleep?" I suggested. 

Jill nodded, "I'm up for sleeping all day." As if to prove her point, she yawned. 

We laughed and Cat pouted slightly, disappointed that we couldn't go anywhere. I shrugged, "I mean I'm also forbidden to go to the mall, so..." 

Everyone raised an eyebrow at Liam who rolled his eyes, "Safety precaution." 

"We can play a movie in the movie room," Alyssa suggested and we all nodded. Running into the room first, I plucked a DVD from the selection and popped it into the DVD player. Everyone piled into the room with snacks and I smiled giddily as the movie came on. 

The Bourne Identity

"That movie sucks," Jason said and Danny slapped him upside the head. 

Laughing, I stuck my tongue out at him, "That's what you get for dissing out Matt Damon!" 

It was now 2:00 pm and we were hungry after watching the first and second Jason Bourne movies, much to my brother's disdain. 

"I'm starving!" Drew whined, exasperation clear in his voice.

I nodded, "Can we order a pizza?" 

"Pizza!" Jill screamed in excitement. 

Liam pulled his phone out, "Everyone shut up so I can order the pizza!" 

Everyone comically held their breath as we waited for him to finish ordering. As soon as he hung up we began talking loudly and obnoxiously. 

"The pizza will be here in a half hour!" Liam called over all the noise. 

I turned to Jill, "Can I borrow some clothes and a shower?" 

She laughed, "Sure. I'll come with so Liam doesn't flip." 

"Good idea," I smiled as we made our way up the stairs. Slipping into her room, I grabbed a t-shirt and leggings from her closet and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the hot water in the shower, I stepped under the water. 

I hissed in pain as the hot water hit the cuts on my body. Clenching my teeth, I stood under the water for a few minutes until eventually the stinging subsides. Pouring shampoo in my hand, I scrubbed my hair clean, foaming bubbles all over my head. Rinsing them out, I conditioned my hair and gently washed my face and body so as not to hurt myself anymore. 

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself around in my towel and dried myself off. Pulling on Jill's clothes, I used her brush to untangle my hair before stepping out of the bathroom. I found Jill sitting in the same position that I left her; sitting on her bed and playing on her phone. 

"Hey!" I shouted, throwing the towel at her. She frowned at me. "Come on." 

Jill stood up and we made our way down the stairs. The doorbell rang and I ran over to the door, taking the pizza from the pizza guy. Running back into the dining room, I turned to Liam, "The pizza guy's waiting to be paid!" 

He rolled his eyes but stood up and went to pay the guy nonetheless. Taking three pieces of cheese pizza, I moaned as the flavor hit my mouth. 

"Why'd you sneak away?" He whispered in my ear. Instead of replying, I took a huge bite out of my pizza, making him chuckle lightly. 

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'd just like to say I'm thankful for you guys for all the support on this story! We've got a few more chapters left to the story D: but I seriously had so much fun writing this. :) 

ps: check out my other story The Cherry Tree? I just started it and I'd love some feedback! thanks!