Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

 Can we talk? 

His words went in through one ear and out the other. Numbly, I nodded my head. I gave Jenna and Max a reassuring smile before walking out behind him and following him into the den at the front of the house. 

Raising my eyebrows, I folded my arms across my chest, "Talk." 

"Who was the guy?" He blurted out. 

"He's my best friend," I told him, my voice hard. 

He nodded, lips in a thin line. 

Those attractive, plump, kissable lips-- I mentally smacked myself. I had to stop thinking like this, it was seriously affecting my actions too much. 

Liam sighed and looked me in the eyes, "I'm dying without you, Faith." 

"You seemed just fine at school," I shot at him and he closed his eyes for a moment, looking pained, before opening them back up again. 

A tear fell down his cheek and I wanted to wrap him up in a hug, but I stood my ground, "I miss you." 

I remained silent. 

"I need you," He mumbled as he took a step towards me, grabbing my wrist in his hands. 

"You had your chance," I told him, attempting to recollect myself. 

He shook his head, "Don't say that. I need you, and I'm not giving up. Please. I'm so sorry." 

His voice cracked and it was in that moment when I caved in. 

"Why should I believe you?" I asked. 

Liam offered me a sad smile, "Because I'm nothing without you. And honestly if you say no right now, I might as well go start digging my own grave because it'll probably kill me if you don't take me back. Plus, I don't think I can handle the idea of--" 

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his and he responded immediately, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me to him. When we pulled apart, he smiled at me. 

"You couldn't handle the idea of what?" I questioned him, slightly breathless. 

He breathed out and pressed his forehead against mine, "The idea of losing you to someone else." 

We kissed again, and I smiled into the kiss. 

"You're beautiful," He mumbled when we pulled apart this time. 

Chuckling, I shook my head, "And you're cheesy." 

"So, where did that guy go?" Max asked after I had rejoined them and Liam had left. 

Rolling my eyes, I smiled, "I asked him to go so I could hang out with my best friends." 

"That was your mate wasn't it?" Jenna spoke up. 

I nodded, a faint trace of a smile on my face. She smirked, "Someone made up with someone!" 

"And made out," Max muttered, causing Jenna to slap him upside the head. I laughed. 

"What do you guys wanna do?" I asked. 

They shrugged. 

"Bowling?" Max suggested. 

"I know exactly who can come with us," I told them and they raised their eyebrows at me. 

Pulling out my phone, I sent out a group text and smiled at the replies I got. Looking up at my friends, I flashed them a toothy grin. 

"She's up to something," Jenna muttered. 

Max nodded, "I wonder what." 

"I'm right here, guys!" I exclaimed. 

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows as she faced Max, "Did you hear something, Max?" 

"Nothing at all ba--" He stopped mid-sentence and his eyes widened. Jenna's face paled and I scrunched my eyebrows. Looking down, I saw them pull their hands apart and my eyes widened in shock. 

"You two are mates!" I squealed loudly and they cringed at my voice. 

Clapping, I smiled giddily at the couple and rolled my eyes when they gave me sheepish smiles, "Well at least be happy!" 

They chuckled and Max slid his arm easily over Jenna's shoulder and her cheeks heated up, causing me to chuckle at the two. The doorbell rang and I got up, running to the front door. I beamed at the group, "I have some people for you to meet!" 

"Easy sunshine. What's up with you?" Drew asked and I shook my head at them, dragging him and Jill by the arms into the living room. The group followed. 

"Guys, this is Max and Jenna from my old town. Max and Jenna, these are the guys," I smiled and pointed out all of them, "Drew, Jill, Josh, Alyssa, Danny and Cat." 

They all waved at each other and I clapped my hands, "Okay! Time for bowling!" 

Laughing, we all made our way outside. Jenna and Max joined Alyssa and Jill and I in Jill's car while the other four took Drew's car. We backed out of the driveway and began the drive to the bowling alley. 

Finally, we pulled into the parking lot of South Port Lanes, the local bowling alley. Shouting and laughing, our group walked in and paid for our games, getting our shoes in the right sizes from the people running the counter. 

Once everyone was ready, the game started. Let me tell you, the game was very intense. It was the ninth tenth frame and my turn. Taking a deep breath, I nodded to myself and stood at the end of the lane. Holding up the bowling ball, I felt a sudden burst of energy and sent the ball flying down the middle, getting a strike. 

I cheered and so did Jenna, Max who were on my team. Since it was the tenth frame, I got two more turns because I got a strike. 

My next two times, I got consecutive strikes. Jumping up and punching the air, we all high fived-- my team had won. 

Suddenly, hands wrapped around my waist and everyone grew silent. 

I felt sparks explode and I turned around, giving Liam a cross expression. He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes, leaning in to kiss him. 

Everyone started talking again and I heard Jill exclaim exasperated, "Oh thank god!" 

"You went bowling without me?" He pouted. 

I smiled up at him, "Well you see, it was friends only time." 

"You up for another game, honey pie?" He asked and I scrunched my nose in disgust at the nickname he gave me. 

"Just because of that nickname," I started, "I'm about to crush you in bowling." 

"You aren't on my team now?" He frowned. 

I shook my head, "Teams of two now. I'm with Jill." 

"Hell yeah!" She screamed and slung her arm around me, laughing. 

Liam rolled his eyes, "Game on, princess." 

"Good luck, cupcake!" I called to him, causing everyone to erupt in laughter. 

Clearing the scores and fixing the teams, we began the game. 

Jill and I beat Liam and Josh by twenty. 

A/N: Sorry it's a bit short :{ anywhoo so picture of Jenna and Max to the right → ♥