Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

Liam didn't have time to open the door before it flew open, revealing a relieved looking brunette girl, "Faith! Thank god you're alive!" 

Did I just imagine the low growl coming from Liam? 

"Of course I'm alive, what else would I be?" I chuckled and she glared at me. 

"Never run away without an explanation ever again!" She scolded. 

I rolled my eyes, "You sound like Jason." 

"Where's dad?" Liam interrupted. 

"In his study with mom," She replied nonchalantly, "Why?" 

"Bye," He replied and dragged me along and down the hall with him. 

Sorry! I mind-linked to Jill. 

She responded, You had better explain everything, later, missy. 

We came to a stop in front of french wooden doors and he knocked before pushing them open, revealing Alpha Cooper at his desk with the Luna sitting across from him. 

"What can I do for you, Liam?" Mr. Cooper asked, lifting his head up from the papers in front of him. 

Mrs. Cooper smiled at me, "Hello, Faith, dear." 

I smiled back in response. 

"I have something to tell you guys," Liam stated. 

"Spit it out, already, Liam!" His mother exclaimed and I chuckled. 

"I found my mate," He took my hand in his, "It's Faith." 

"Congratulations, son. Welcome to the family, Faith," Alpha Cooper turned to me. 

"Thank you," I replied to him. 

Mrs. Cooper stood up and walked over to us, enveloping me in a hug, "I was hoping it would be you." 

I smiled and pulled back, "Thank you." 

"Come on, we'll go make some dinner!" She took my arm and pulled me into the kitchen and went over to the intercom on the wall, "Jill, please come down here to have some bonding time with Liam's mate." 

My eyes widened, "I haven't told her yet!" 

Mrs. Cooper winked, "Now she knows." 

"Could it be!?" Jill's voice filled the hall and she ran into the room and smiled at me, "Sisters!" 

She then proceeded to tackle me to the ground, followed by Liam's growl from the doorway. Laughing, Jill and I rolled around on the floor together until tears pricked the corners of our eyes. 

"What's for dinner?" Liam asked and his mom smiled. 

"It's up to Faith, what would you like us girls to make?" She asked and I made a thoughtful expression. 

"Lasagna," I finally said and Jill jumped up, pumping her fist. Liam rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. 

He kissed my forehead and mumbled into my ear, "You just had to pick lasagna, didn't you?" 

"Yep," I replied before walking over to Mrs. Cooper and Jill to start helping prepare the food. 

 "I'll admit it," Liam mumbled, "You three make an amazing lasagna." 

I smiled up at him, "Well of course we do!" 

He rolled his eyes at my comment but smiled nonetheless. 

We were currently sitting in the backyard, I was on his lap, back leaning against his very defined chest. He was leaning back on his hands, chin rested on my head. 

"The stars are really bright tonight," He stated as we gazed up at the now-dark sky. 

Smiling softly, I glanced up at the sky, "Why are they so bright, Mr. Cooper?" 

He answered, "Because today is the day we met as mates." 

When I looked up at him, he was already looking at me, smiling. I returned it, "Excellent answer." 

"Well of course it is!" He said with a wink and I laughed. 

"I should probably get home, now," I told him. It was around 9:30. 

He sighed, "Can I pick you up tomorrow?" 

"Talk to Jill," I chuckled and he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

We walked around the house and climbed into his car, pulling out of the driveway as I buckled my seat belt. 

"We forgot to tell my parents," I deadpanned as we were driving. 

Liam bit his lip, "Well, it is kinda late, do you just want to do it after school tomorrow?" 

Rolling my lips inside my mouth, I nodded, "Sure." 

"Good," He smiled and grabbed my hand in his, driving with one hand on the steering wheel. 

Pulling into my driveway, I unbuckled and turned to Liam, "Goodnight." 

"Goodnight, beautiful," He smiled and pecked me on the lips. 

Blushing, I climbed out of the car and walked up to the front door, locking it behind me and running up the steps into my room. 

Oh dear lord. 

A/N: i apologize for the shortness of this chapter. pic of Cat on the side because i can →