Chapter 31

Chapter 31 

"Liam?" I called out. He poked his head out from the bathroom, toothbrush in hand with toothpaste still stuck on the corners of his mouth. 

"Yeah?" 

Smiling slightly at his appearance, I looked down at my hands before looking up again, "Could you take me home? I haven't seen my dad since, well you know..." 

He walked back into the bathroom and turned the faucet on. When he walked back out, his face was clean and he no longer had a toothbrush in his hands. He smiled sadly, "Of course." 

Grabbing a sweatshirt from beside me, I think it's Liam's, I slipped on my boots and smiled toothily up at him, "Ready!" 

Chuckling, he grabbed my hand in his and led me down the stairs. Slipping into his car, he started the engine and began the drive to my house. 

I turned to him, "He knows that I made it, right?" 

"Yes. He saw you when I was carrying you out," He smiled, still holding my hand and driving with one hand on the steering wheel. 

"Good," I breathed out. 

Pulling into my driveway, Liam parked the car and we got out, walking up to the front step. Not having my key, I knocked on the door. It was thrown open to reveal my dad, standing there with a small smiled on his face. I jumped and he caught me in a hug, squeezing me tight, "Oh darling, I was so worried." 

"You don't have to be anymore," I assured him. 

He smiled, "I know." 

Pulling back, I saw a long scratch down the side of his face and gasped, "What happened to you?" 

"Well, sometimes when you fight you don't get out unscathed like they do in movies," He teased and I rolled my eyes. 

Walking into the house, with Liam behind me, I smiled as the scent of my own home hit my nose. It was good to be back. 

"I'm thrilled you're here, Faith, but why did you come so late at night?" He asked, glancing at the clock that was just now going on 10:00pm. 

"Random thoughts?" I answered with a question. 

"Well get some rest. We can talk tomorrow," He smiled. 

I nodded and made my way upstairs with Liam following right behind me. 

Climbing into bed, I felt drowsiness take over and felt sleep begin to overcome me. The bed dipped and I was wrapped with warmth before I was out cold. 

"Good morning, beautiful," A voice whispered into my ear. Prying my eyes open, I squinted against the light shining into the room and looked up at the sound of the voice. 

My head was on his chest, my body curled into him like a perfectly-fitting puzzle piece. He smiled down at me and I returned it. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and laughed as my stomach grumbled, "What's for breakfast?" 

Liam shrugged, "We can go get something." 

"Sounds good to me," I mumbled before laying back down on the bed. Liam laughed and suddenly I was scooped up and set on a hard surface. I was sitting upright. Opening my eyes once more, I saw Liam had carried me into the bathroom and set me on my own counter. The door was shut and I sighed, slipping off the counter. Washing my face and brushing my teeth, I combed through my hair and threw it up in a messy bun before stepping out. Walking into my closet, I changed into a pair of my own leggings with a large sweater over my tank top. Slipping on my boots, I made Liam carry me down the stairs. 

He dropped me into the passenger's seat of the car and he ran around to the driver's side, starting the engine. We began driving and he turned to me, "So where are we going?" 

"McDonald's?" I suggested. He nodded and my stomach grumbled again. 

Pulling into the fast food restaurant's parking lot, I got out and skipped to the doors, Liam jogging behind me. Walking up to the counter, I ordered my pancakes and let Liam order and pay before sitting down at a booth. He came over carrying a tray with two plates of pancakes, one coffee and an orange juice. Taking the juice and pancakes gladly, I dug into my breakfast. 

Liam chuckled, "Hungry?" 

"Just a bit," I talked through the food in my mouth. He pretended to scrunch up his nose in disgust. As he drank his coffee, I gagged, "I'm so not kissing you while you have coffee breath." 

He raised an eyebrow, "What, you don't like coffee?" 

I shook my head vigorously, "It's disgusting!" 

"Really?" He asked while laughing. I nodded with a pout on my face. 

Finishing my food, I set my garbage on the tray and looked at Liam, a small scratch still in the process of healing on his chin. I frowned, "Who gave you the cut?" 

"Morgan," He spoke in a monotone voice. 

Nodding slowly, tension between us grew. We threw away our garbage and climbed back into the car. We passed my street and then his street and I silently wondered where we were going. My unspoken question was answered when we parked on the street next to a small wooden playground with walking paths bordered with flowers despite the chilly November air. 

We got out of the car and I tightened my sweater around my body, unprepared for a walk around the park.  We stuck to the paths lined with the popping flowers and just made our way around the park in a now comfortable silence, hand in hand. 

"I need to talk to you about something serious," Liam sighed and gestured towards the bench that we were approaching. Sitting down on it, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. 

I nodded, "Shoot." 

"You're my mate and I'm an alpha. And well, I need my Luna, but in order for you to be a Luna, I have to mark you and finish the mating process," He starts, "My dad said it should be sometime soon so that if anything like the Morgan incident happens again, we'll be better protected and our bond will be stronger." 

"Okay," I stated simply. 

"Okay?" He asked. 

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "I'm okay with that." 

He raised and eyebrow questionably, "Are you sure? I mean, if you want to wait a little longer--" 

"I love you," I cut him off. 

He kissed me on the lips, "I love you, too." 

"I'm not asking for a full out extravaganza, but it'll be my first time, and I just want it to be memorable. That's all I'm asking in return," I told him. 

He wrapped me up in a hug, chin resting on my head and whispered, "I can do a hell of a lot better than memorable, Faith." 

A/N: So it's just a filler update and such and I know it's terribly boring but next chapter is gonna be better. TEASER: date night??? you'll have to wait and see! I'm thinking 1-2 more chapters and an Epilogue for the story guys.