Chapter 23

*Dedicated to deyona . 

Chapter 23 

"Faith!" Jason called, running up to me and wrapping me in his arms, "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" 

I shook my head, "I'm fine, Jason. Liam came and Morgan ran away." 

My brother ran a hand down his face, "This is all my fault. Had I been here to help you--" 

"Stop," I told him, holding up a hand, "You didn't do anything wrong. It's not like you knew he was coming." 

Jason nodded, "I know. But I think we all knew he would come. Just not that soon." 

He stepped back and looked at me. I smiled, "I'm fine, Jason. Stop worrying." 

"I'm your older brother. It's my job to worry about you," He said. 

Liam came up to us, wrapping his arms around my waist as he stood behind me, "You wandered off and I got scared something happened." 

"I'll be fine, Liam," I whispered to him in reassurance. He didn't buy it. 

"Can you promise me you won't go anywhere alone?" He asks, voice strained. 

"What about the bathroom?" I challenged. 

He sighed, "Faith." 

I pecked his lips, "Don't worry. I'll try my best not to wander off alone." 

"Good," He mumbled, spinning me around and pulling me into a tight hug. 

"Faith!" I heard voices shout. Turning my head I saw Jill, Alyssa, Danny and Cat running towards me. Pulling away from Liam, I ran over to them and joined them in a group hug. 

Jill was the first to talk, "Shit, Faith. If I had just walked in with you none of this wouldn't happen." 

I shook my head, "It's not your fault, Jill." 

"Yeah it is," Liam walked up behind me again, this time smirking at his twin sister. 

She stuck her tongue out at him, "I'll slap you again!" 

Liam touched his cheek where Jill had slapped him the other day for going into her room and I laughed. 

Alyssa pulled me away from Liam and wrapped me up in a hug, "Remind me to chop Morgan's balls off right before Liam kills him, alright?" 

My eyebrows shot up at her violence but I chuckled, "I'll be sure to do that." 

Glancing over, I saw Justin talking with Liam, whose eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as Justin talked. I averted my eyes, not wanting to see Justin. I was still alarmed by his sudden need to talk to me the other day. 

"Faith?" A new voice called out. I turned and saw my dad walking through the mass of people that had come to see what the fuss was about. When he saw me he sped up and walked over to me, hugging me, "Oh god, I thought that you-- your mom-- I just--" 

"I know dad," I told him so that he didn't have to finish his sentence, "I know." 

Soon, everyone left the house and left my room. Well, everyone but Liam of course. He was refusing to leave my side for at least the rest of the weekend. So basically, Liam was staying over my house for the weekend and no one had any say about it. Not that I minded, though. It comforted me, knowing he'd be here with me all weekend. 

Liam hovered over me on the bed as he kissed me. He pulled away, "I though I was gonna lose you." 

"Me too," I whispered, though I'm not completely sure what I meant by it. 

He leaned in and kissed me again. 

"Not fair!" I pouted as Liam moved his fourth green piece into the finish. I still had two blues in the start circle. He childishly stuck his tongue out at me, a notion I didn't hesitate to return. And in case you were wondering, we were playing Sorry!. 

He chuckled as he put the game away and looked at me, "What do you wanna do now?" 

"Let's go get ice cream," I suggested and he shrugged. 

"Why not?" 

Skipping down the stairs, I jumped into the passenger's side and sat giddily as we drove to the ice cream parlor. Liam glanced at me and smiled, "Someone's sure excited." 

"Well, duh!" I exclaimed, "This is ice cream we're talking about!" 

Liam laughed. 

When we pulled to a stop in the parking space, I jumped out and ran into the store, Liam on my heels. I stopped in front of the glass case with all the ice cream in it, trying to figure out what I wanted to eat. The worker came up the register, a fake smile plastered on their face, "Hello, welcome to Candy's Ice Cream Parlor! What can I get you two this lovely afternoon?" 

"I'll have a double scoop mint chocolate chip waffle cone," I ordered. She turned to Liam. 

He ordered, "I'll have a triple scoop peanut butter cup in a bowl." 

She nodded and entered the orders, "That'll be six seventy eight." 

He handed her a ten, took his change back and then turned to me, "So, you're a mint chocolate chip kind of girl?" 

I smiled, "Maybe." 

"What's your favorite flavor?" He questioned. 

Our orders came out and I took my cone, licking it, "Mint chocolate chip." 

He laughed. 

Now we were sitting in my room, finishing up our ice cream as we watched The Avengers, one of my favorite movies. 

Glancing over at Liam, I saw his eyebrows furrowed, an angry expression on his face. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand over his. 

He shook his head, "Nothing. I was just talking to my dad through the pack link." 

I nodded, "Okay. Now I'm gonna ask again, what's wrong?" 

Liam sighed, "My dad just told me we lost our spy in Morgan's pack, meaning we won't get inside information and we won't know when or how he plans on attacking us next. We're left completely unprepared and defenseless at this point." 

"We're not defenseless," I told him, "We're one of the strongest packs around. We're not gonna lose to a rogue pack." 

He nodded, "I hope so." 

I smirked, "Well we will because I mean obviously I'm always right." 

"Yeah but you suck at Sorry," He joked and I scowled. 

"We don't mention my board game skills," I scrunched up my nose. 

"You're adorable when you scrunch your nose like that," He whispered. 

So I scrunched it again and he laughed. 

I hit him with my pillow, "Shush! It's my favorite part!" 

Turning my attention back to the movie, I sat in liam's lap, head rested against his chest. It was so comfortable, I wished I could stay like this forever.

As the end credits began to roll, I closed my eyes and drifted asleep. 

A/N: Shortish and light chapter after that intense last chapter! This chapter is dedicated to deyona for being the first and only person to comment "Halloween" on my last chapter!!