Chapter 11

I watched around frantically to see any signs of Dawnar behind us. I felt sorry for the clerk as we left him by himself with a blood thirsty vampire.

It was my fault we were being chased, if it weren't for my existence then no one would get hurt because of me. I hate me, my blood, my life.

If only everything could go back to normal, like when I'd hang with some of my closes friends and we would hang at the pool or mall or just at our houses laughing and talking about boys. That was how my life would still be if it weren't for the sudden vampire's out to get me.

Something hard hit the window where I sat, I pressed myself as far as I could in the seat as it smashed, and glass went everywhere, spraying us with it, I felt some of my skin tear the slightest bit as the shards left scratches on my body, mainly on my face.

I screamed. No one was there but a rock sat on the floor. Dawnar was attempting to get at us by throwing rocks through our speeding car, it made sense since if he tried anything on the highway he would risk getting caught by humans.

Another went through the window just missing Brad's face. He growled, swerving the car onto a empty road.

This was stupid, Dawnar could easily catch me, he could stop the car so easily, by stepping in front of it and he wouldn't even get hurt. My mind was racing through a thousand ways he could catch us.

I'm sure Brad knew what he was doing. My thoughts told me, calming me the slightest bit.

The car came to a complete stop. Brad was getting out. Okay clearly he had no idea what he was doing, other then being suicidal.

"What are you doing?"I screeched not sure weather or not to get out of the car and follow him. There he walked in front of the head lights, that's when I noticed another figure standing also in front of the lights, in a crouch position.

My heart raced even faster then before if it went a bit faster I swore I'd have a heart attack. A loud roar rang through on the empty road, making me cringe as far as I could in the seat.

I could hear shouting but it was too fast to understand. It wasn't hard to guess that it was about me. Now Brad was crouched low in a fighting stance. Oh God! This wasn't going to end well. My fingers clutched at the leather seats, making my knuckles go white.

Brad took the first leap into the air only to come down with a slam, with Dawnar's hand wrapped around his neck so tightly, I could hear bone crack, even being this far in the car. Brad got out of his grip, by twirling them both around in a complete circle. My stomach felt tight as I waited who would win.

It shouldn't matter they were vampire's, I should be running away if I could but my foot was still killing me, and I would prefer Brad to win, because I had a special trust that he would help me to get to a better place. So I needed him alive.

Just as I stepped foot out of the car, Brad was holding his head screaming murder. He was in a ball on the ground holding his head tight.

I was so confused then I saw Dawnar walking towards me.

"Run." Brad yelled at me threw screams of agony. I took his advice, and turned on my heel  attempting to run from the monster advancing on me, but my ankle decided to give out under me.

A scream escaped my lips as I hit the pavement,  suddenly it felt like my head had so much pressure on it, that it would explode, I could barley breath. What was happening to me? I clenched my teeth hard, any harder my teeth might shatter from the pressure I was putting on them.

My head felt like a thousand migraines all in one. Like some one was stepping on it. I let out shriek after shriek. I saw black boots coming towards my way.