Chapter 19 Oct 23

OCTOBER 23

I was the first one awake, so I quietly went downstairs and made breakfast. When I was finished, I quickly wrote everything down in the notebook that Darius and I had talked about. I tore a blank piece of paper out and wrote ...

Please keep this to yourself. You'll understand why after you read it. Hide the notebook in your room somewhere and call me after you get to work.

I took Damian the notebook, note and his breakfast. He was in the shower, so I set it on the bed and left. When I got back to the kitchen, Mason was already there. As I went to him and wrapped myself in his arms, I said "Good morning. I was just about to bring you breakfast."

He hugged me gently and coyly said "I could go back upstairs."

I coyly said "Hmm, that sounds very tempting."

Clearing his throat, Damian walked in and said "Good morning, you two."

We turned and smiled, and Mason said "Good morning."

Smiling, Damian gave me a long look and said "Thanks for breakfast."

Mason jokingly said "Oh, sure you take Damian breakfast, but I have to come get mine."

While we laughed, I wryly said "I took Damian breakfast first, because I planned on spending a little more time giving you your breakfast."

Mason, grinning from ear to ear, said "I'll have to remember to stay in bed when I smell breakfast."

I stretched up on my toes to kiss him and whispered "You'll just have to hold that thought until tonight."

After they left, I took my time cleaning the kitchen. Waiting for Damian to call, I started the laundry. I was just about to call him, when the phone rang. I answered "Hello."

Damian said "Hey, sweetheart."

I quickly asked "Are you somewhere you can talk without anyone hearing?"

He said "Ya. I'm in an office. Are you sure HE is telling you the truth?"

I sighed heavily and said "Unfortunately, yes. Don't be mad or worried, but I'm going to talk to -"

Damian abruptly asked "You're not going out side are you?"

I quickly answered "No, and … HE is staying outside. I have to know for sure what's going on. Mason can't know any of this, at least not yet."

He said "Promise me, you'll call me after you talk to HIM."

I said "I promise, but I don't know when I'll actually talk to HIM. I'm - I'm still working up the courage to talk to … Darius, and I'm not sure what I need to ask. Oh, where did you hide the notebook? I'll need it." It felt so strange to call HIM, Darius.

He said "It's under the mattress at the foot of the bed. Please be careful."

I said "I will. Damian, he is part of Mason. Don't worry. ... Darius won't hurt me."

He sighed heavily and asked "How do you know he’s telling the truth?"

I took a deep breath and said "It's the feeling I get when someone is telling me something. I know when it's true or not by the feeling I get, and I know he’s telling the truth. I know he honestly doesn’t want to hurt me."

Damian grumbled and said "Alright, but please be careful. Make sure you call me. Okay?"

I said "I will. Thank you, Damian. I'll call as soon as I've talked to … Darius."