Chapter 8 Oct 26

OCTOBER 26th

When I woke, I didn't freak out or panic, I just opened my eyes calmly. Don't get wrong, I was wide awake and freaked out, but I knew that I was safe. I knew I wasn’t in the dream. I knew I was home, safe and sound with Mason. I could see the sun was coming up. I moved slowly and carefully out of Masons’ arms and out of bed. I turned back to look at him. He was sound asleep. He looked happy and peaceful. I went to the closet and found myself something cute to wear. I picked a knee length deep purple dress. The bottom reminded me of a flower. If I twirled around it flowed outward and up a little. The top was very short sleeved, barely covering my shoulders. It had a V neck that came down to mid-chest. I found a pair of low heels that went perfect with dress. After I was dressed and ’groomed’, I went over to the night stand and grabbed the necklace Mason had taken off me last night. While I looked Mason and put on my necklace, I let out a happy sigh and smiled.

I was in the middle of making breakfast, when I remembered to turn on the radio. I made myself something first, so I could eat while I made Masons' breakfast. I was just about to take him breakfast in bed, when there was a knock on the door. I went to answer it, but no one was there. I almost shut the door, but looked down. I saw a large bouquet of white and red roses. I picked them up and took them to the piano. I placed them as close to the center as I could, and admired them for a minute. When I took breakfast to Mason, he was just sitting up. I said "Good morning. I hope your hungry." I went over to him, and bent to kiss him.

As I sat his breakfast over him, He said "Thank you, love. What a good morning it is." Smiled wryly, he took my wrist gently and pulled me in for one more kiss.

As he started to eat, I said "I'll play a little something while you eat, and thank you for the flowers."

He smiled and said "You’re very welcome, love.“ He shyly added “They came early, I was going to bring them to you with breakfast."

I smiled wider, and went to the piano. I choose something I had heard last night while I made dinner - the 1 I couldn't remember was

Bach’s' toccata BWV 540 in F Major. I was about halfway through it the second time, when he sat to my right with his back to the piano. When I finished, he put his arms around me and said "It’s very comforting to hear you play the piano. It’s a beautiful piece of craftsmanship with an angel playing it to life." As he spoke, he moved his left hand up across my back to the base of neck where it met my left shoulder. He pulled me to him and slowly tilted me back, as he kissed passionately.

When we pulled apart slightly, I breathlessly said "I'm glad you like it when I play. If I knew this would be your reaction, I would have kicked everyone before I played last night." We laughed a little and held each other.

"I wonder..." He stood up abruptly, and went to the shelf with music books. He pulled one from the top shelf and walked quickly back to me. I must have looked a little confused, because he softly said "This was one of my mothers favorite books. I haven't heard it in almost 11 years. Would you mind playing it for me?"

I knew he didn't have any family left either, and he looked so hopeful that I would play it. I smiled shyly and softly said "Of coarse, but I have to warn you. If I haven't played it before, it might take me a little while to get it right."

"I don't mind. Take your time. I just want to hear you play." He gently caressed my face and kissed me softly.

I put the book in place, and I actually recognized the first song. It was Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx. I smiled, looked at him and said "Huh. This was the very first full length song I learned to play."

He smiled with surprise all over his face "Really? You know how to play this one then?"

"Yes. I do, and I more than likely won't even mess up." I giggled a little and bumped his shoulder slightly with mine. I started to play, and I noticed he had closed his eyes and was kinda swaying his head with music.

When I finished, He looked at me. he almost looked like he was going cry, but asked "Would you play it again? Please." I just nodded and played it again. When I finished this time, there was a knock on the door. Mason sighed and smiled. He quickly kissed me and said "Don't move, I'll be right back." He went to get the door. It was Brandon and the twins.

Brandon came into the living room and said "We've been out there since you started to play that song, but decided to wait and listen before we knocked on the door." He shyly smiling and was a little red-faced.

The twins came in behind him and Aaron said "You really are one talented little miss." Mark nodded in agreement.

Mason followed them in and said "She certainly is one of a kind."

I was sure that I was as red as the roses in front of me, but I managed to say "Thank you."

I had started to get up, when Brandon asked "have u written anyway of your own?"

I stopped abruptly with my back to everyone, except Mason. He was right there in front of me. I bit my lip nervously and looked up at Mason. I sighed and said "Y-yes, but I've never played it for anyone. I'm the only one who has ever heard it and its not really finished." Believe it or not I wasn't smiling! I was way too nervous!

Mason was the first to see my reaction. He looked almost worried. Slowly smiling softly at me, he gently asked "Would you play it for us?"

I knew I was outnumbered, so I sigh heavily. I turned back to the piano and said "I suppose so, but like I said its not finished and it still needs work." I quickly began playing. When I play it's easier for me to relax, so I figured, if I started, I wouldn't feel so nervous. I was right, it did make me relax.

As I played, I felt myself swaying to the music. Mason had sat down with me. Brandon and the twins had moved closer to us. When I finished, I set my hands in my lap. Mason pulled me into him and planted a huge kiss on me. When he pulled away, he said breathlessly "That was amazing."

Brandon said "I don't think I have heard anything so beautiful. Nice job."

Aaron said "It sounds finished to me."

Mark, who doesn't speak very often, said "I would love to hear that again." Everyone nodded in agreement.

I was so overwhelmed, so I tucked myself into Mason. I asked "You really think its good?"

To which they all quickly and simultaneously said "YES!"

I was so red my ears felt like they were on fire, but I managed to say "Thanks." Smiling from ear to ear, I started to play it again.

When I finished this time, I noticed everyone had moved to be as close to me as they could, with me barely having enough room to move.

Brandon said "Damn, that's good." As the twins nodded with enthusiasm, Mason planted one on me again with a little more passion than last time.

I was definitely smiling, when I said a breathless "Thanks." I was looking into Mason eyes. I cleared my throat and suggested "Why don't we show them the garden, and get some fresh air." To myself I thought... so I can get away from the piano before Mason carries me upstairs and we forgot we have company.

He nodded and said "That's a good idea." He took my hand as we stood up, and we showed them out to the garden.

We spent the afternoon out there telling each other about ourselves. It turns out, none of us have any family left.

The twins' parents had died when they very young. Their grandparents had raised them, until they passed away 29 years ago. Aaron and mark are 49 years old.

Brandon never new his mother. He was raised by his father, until he passed away 12 years ago. Brandon is 32 years old.

Mason never new his father. He was raised by his mother. She was always ill and passed away 7 years ago, while he was in college. Mason is 27 years old.

I also told them a little about me, which there wasn't much to tell that they didn't already know. I ended up telling the more about my family than I did myself. I really miss them. I made a mental note that every one of us had lost our families before we were 21 years old.