Chapter 16 Oct 20

OCTOBER 20

I sat up in bed, screaming "NO!"

Mason quickly sat up, putting his arms around me, and said "It’s ok, love. You're safe. I'm right here." I clutched onto him. I couldn't stop shaking. "Easy, love. It's over. You're alright." I felt myself slowly calming down. I looked up at him to tell him everything, but I still couldn't talk. "It's ok, love. Take your time. I'm not going anywhere. We have all day." He knew I wanted to tell him what happened, so I nodded. It took me almost a half hour to be able to tell him what had happened, but I was still shaking. He was tightly holding me, while I told him. After I told him, he slowly laid me down and tucked me into him. We laid there a long time just holding each other. When I finally stopped shaking. He asked "Are you feeling any better?"

I nodded and said "Yes. Thank you. I don't know why I couldn't stop shaking."

He gently pulled my chin up, so he could see my face. He gently smiled and whispered "HE scares the hell out of you, love, and Damian and I don't like HIM either. You have every right to take as long as you need to calm down after seeing something like that."

I slightly smiled "Thank you. … I love you."

His smiled warm and said "I love you, too." He pulled me up and kissed me sweetly, which turned into something a little more, and a little more, and then a lot more...(imagination run wild)...

We laid in bed for a while, and heard Damian walking down the stairs. I whispered "I wonder if we stayed in here long enough, if he would make breakfast?" We laughed quietly. A few minutes later we heard pans rattling, and it was really hard not to laugh load. We laid there, until we smelled the food. We both happily sighed and started to get up. We quickly got cleaned up and presentable. When we got downstairs, I said "Morning, Damian. That smells great."

Damian smiled and said "Morning, you two."

As Mason was getting plates and silverware out, he said "Good morning."

After breakfast, Mason and Damian watched the news. I wrote down The New Dream and put my pile of library books on the dining room table. Damian came in and said "Hey, sweetheart. I gotta go to work." He looked toward the living and back to me. He grinned and said "I think you wore Mason out this morning. He looks like he's going to fall asleep." We were laughing quietly, and, as I grinned, I felt myself turn red. He kissed my head and said "Well, I better get going. Have a good one, sweetheart."

As he gave a hug and started to leave, I said "Have a good one, too." After I went through a couple of books, I went to check on Mason. Damian was right. He fell asleep. I watched him for a few minutes, and heard the weatherman say 'We'll be getting about two inches of snow by morning.' That reminded me, we still needed to turn off the fountain, so I went to the door that led to the garden.

********

I paused at the door and looked all around. I didn't see any sign of HIM, nor did I feel HIM. I thought about it for a few minutes and decided to be stupid. I slowly and quietly went out to the fountain. I kept looking around, and waiting to feel HIM. I knelt down at the edge of the fountain and reached under the side cover to turn it off.

When I stood up and turned around to go in the house, I ran right into HIM. I gasped and almost fell backwards into the fountain. HE caught me and pulled me hard against HIM. I pulled away from HIM, and, quickly taking a few steps away, I asked "How did you get here?" My stomach was in knots, and I couldn't think.

HE laughed once and said "We’re outside, my sweet." HE took a step toward me and reached for me.

I took a few more steps away and said "You need to leave, right now." I was absolutely terrified, but I kept slowing backing away from HIM and toward the house.