Chapter 18 Oct 22

OCTOBER 22

While we were eating breakfast, Damian asked "Do you want me to take the rest of the books back?"

I said "Yes, please."

Mason said "Actually, love. I’m on call today, so if you want we can go to the library."

I nodded and said "Ya. That would be great. I still have about thirty books to get." I did a little eye roll and sighed.

Damian sarcastically said "Well, you two have fun with that."

We laughed a little, and I sarcastically said "Gee, thanks."

Mason asked "Where would you like to go for dinner?"

I happily asked "We're going out for dinner?"

Mason playfully said "Unless you'd rather stay in?"

Damian quickly asked jokingly "You don't want to cook, do you Mason?"

We laughed again, and Mason said "Not really."

I added "Neither do I."

After breakfast, we all got cleaned up and ready to leave. I asked Damian "What time do you get done today?"

Damian asked "What time's dinner?"

Mason said "We have a table any time after 5:30. Do you want us to come get you, so you can leave?"

Damian said "Ya. That's probably not a bad idea. I tend to get caught up in my work."

Mason said "Well, we'll see you around ... six sound alright?"

Damian nodded and said "Sounds good. I'll see you two later." He hugged me and kissed my head. As he walked out the door, he said "Good luck you two."

I said "Thanks. We'll need it."

After we got to the library, we pulled books from the shelves and went to the table in the back corner with the computer. We looked at about six books a piece, and Masons phone rang. He gave me an apologetic smile and went outside to answer it. When he came back in, he seemed really upset. In a rush, he said "I have to get to the hospital. Will you be alright for a couple hours?"

I quickly nodded and said "Ya. I'll be fine. What's wrong?"

He said "I'm not sure. One of my patients is having trouble, and they're asking for me. I'm so sorry, love."

I quickly kissed him and said "Don't worry. Get going."

He said "I'll be back as soon as I can." He kissed me quickly again and left.

***

I had been going through books for almost three hours. I needed a break, so I got up and walked around a minute. I was just about to sit back down at the table, when I felt HIM watching me. I froze for a minute and took a quick look around. I couldn't see HIM anywhere, but I could still feel HIM. As I sat down and went through books, I kept looking around, waiting for HIM to appear and scare the hell out of me. I had looked through about half of a book, when I couldn't take anymore. I was actually getting irritated. I looked down at the book, like I was reading and whispered "I know you're here."

I no more than got the words out of my mouth, and HIS hands were on my shoulders. I jumped a little and instantly got goose bumps. HE whispered "Hello, my sweet." I could hear the smile HIS voice.

It took me a minute to pull myself together, before I said "Why are you here?" My voice was a little shaky.

As HE slowly started moving HIS hands off my shoulders and down my arms, HE whispered "I enjoy watching you." I could feel HIS breath on my neck. I heard and felt HIM take a deep breath. It was like HE was smelling me again. I shivered a little. HIS hands were on the chair and against my legs, HIS face was less than an inch away from mine. HE whispered "I see you have a few books to look through."