Chapter 12

Brandon and Damian were up before us, and had breakfast on the table. We ate and talked. Brandon and Mason had to work second shift. Damian had to do paperwork, but he would bring it over after lunch, and stay with me while Brandon and Mason went to work. After lunch, Damian left to get his paperwork, and Brandon followed him out. Mason and I took a shower (Use your imagination again LOL).

As we were getting dressed, we heard Damian come in. He set up on the dining table. He wasn't kidding when he said he had a lot of paperwork to do. The stack of papers was nearly a foot and a half thick.

As I looked at the pile of papers, I offered "Would you like a little help with all that?"

Damian said "Sure, I could use some help with this mess. I need to separate them. Old and new, then open and closed. You know what I mean?"

After Mason kissed my head, he laughed a little and said "You two have fun. I'm going to work." I walked with him to the door, and he kissed me sweetly and said "I love you."

I smiled and said "I love you, too." I looked at the paper pile and sighed "It'll be fun." We all chuckled a little, and Mason left. I asked Damian "How do you know what's what?"

He pulled the top file off the stack and said "This one is an old file, and its closed. See?" As he spoke, he pointed to the date, and 'closed' stamp on the last page.

I nodded and said “Ya. I see. What's considered old or new?"

"If it’s more than two years ago from today’s date, it’s considered old. Then you have to separate them into closed and open. Think you can handle that?" He said the last part with a cocky smile.

I gave him a cocky look, and sarcastically said "I don’t know. It sounds pretty hard." We laughed, and I added with a cocky attitude "I'm sure I can handle it. Why don't you go take a shower and change, and I'll have these separated before you get back."

"A shower does sound nice, but I bet you won't be done before me." He was being cocky, too.

So I said "What would you bet?"

"How about ... loser makes dinner."

"Deal, but no take out." I laughed and added "I'll have to show you around the kitchen, when I win."

He said "When I win, I want stir fry. In case you’re wondering."

We were both being pretty cocky, so I sarcastically rolled my eyes and said "Go take a shower."

He strode off to his guest bedroom, and I got started separating. I had the pile done before he got back downstairs, so I was setting stuff for stir fry out on the counter. When he walked into the kitchen, he looked at the table and said "No way! You got all that separated!?"

I gave him a cocky smile, and with raised eye brows and asked "You really doubted me?"

"Damn it. I can't cook for shit." He looked all puppy dog eyed at me.

I rolled my eyes and in a sarcastic huff asked "Do I have to do all your work?"

We were both laughing, but he said "Well, I could cook, but it’s more than likely going to be burnt."

"I don't mind." We both laughed pretty hard for a minute, and I said "I'll cook. What else do you have to do with all those files anyway?"

"Well, now I have to sift through the open files and see if there's any new info, and update them. The closed files I have to double check to make sure everything added up right. Then those ones can be filed away back at the station." He sighed a little.