Chapter 17 Oct 21

OCTOBER 21

When I came to, it was morning, and I was in bed in Masons arms. I started to move, and Mason jumped a little. "Are you awake, love?"

I cleared my throat and said "Ya. How long have I been out?"

Gently rubbing my arm, he said "You slept through the rest of the day, and all through the night. Are you feeling any better?"

I sighed a little and said "Ya. I didn't dream, so I'm doing much better. Sorry, about yesterday. I - I guess it was just … a little too much for me."

He squeezed me tightly and said "Don't apologize, love. You needed the rest, and I'm glad you got some descent sleep."

I tucked into him and said "I love you."

He hugged me tight and said "I love you, too." We laid there for a little while, and he asked "Are you hungry, love?"

I nodded slightly and said "Ya. I am."

He lifted my chin, so he could see my face. He smiled softly and said "I'll go make breakfast. You relax. If you get up, you might still be a bit dizzy, so do it slowly." After he kissed me gently and slid out of bed, he asked "Do you want me to help you up?"

As I stretched, I smiled and said "Ya. I think I'll take a shower before breakfast."

As he helped me up, he gently said "Slowly, love." I got a little dizzy and closed my eyes. When I was standing, I opened my eyes and he asked "You alright?"

I nodded and said "Ya. I'm okay now. Thanks."

With his forehead on mine, he smiled wryly and offered "I'd be more than happy to give you a hand in there?"

Blushing and grinning, I said "In that case, I think you better help me." I kissed him passionately and we headed for the shower.

~~yup you guessed it … imagination time~~

After we were dressed, Mason made breakfast and I played piano. Damian came into the living room and said "Morning, sweetheart. How you feeling?"

I kept playing, but said "Much better. Thank you. How are you this morning?"

He smiled and said "Not as good as you two," We laughed and he added "but I'm good."

I finished playing, and Mason called us in for breakfast. I said "What's the plan for today?"

Damian said "I have to work."

Mason said "I do, too. What do you want to do, love?"

I looked toward the living room and said "I still have a pretty big pile of books to go through. That reminds me, would one of you mind returning some of them for me?"

Damian said "I can do that for ya."

Mason slowly asked "You want to stay home, ... alone?"

I gave a reassuring smile and shyly said "Yes. I'll be fine. I'm not going outside. I promise."

They looked at each other and sighed heavily. Damian said "I guess, but keep the phone by you."

Mason said "I trust your judgment, but I don't like thinking of you alone."

I sighed and said "Then trust me. I'll be fine, really." They sighed and nodded.

After we ate, Damian was getting ready to leave. Before he grabbed my books, he hugged me and said "Promise me you won't go outside, sweetheart."

I kissed his cheek and smiled "That’s an easy promise to make."

Smiling softly back, he sighed and said "Alright. I'll see you after work." He turned to Mason and jokingly said "Tie her to the piano bench before ya leave, will ya?"