Chapter 5 Oct 16-21

OCTOBER 16TH

When I woke up, Mason had already left. There was another note on the bed table thing.

My dearest Michelle,

I didn't want to wake, so I left you a note. I will be back on Wednesday. I’ll hurry back to you, my Love. I can't stand being away from you. I hope you don't have any more bad dreams. Brandon should be here soon to keep you company. Please tell him I said thank you for being here with you, and

that it makes me feel a bit better knowing your not alone. Get some rest. I’ll see you soon.

All my love,

Mason

Awe, he’s so sweet! I know I was smiling by the time finished reading. There was a soft knock on the door. I said "Come in."

It was Brandon. He said "Morning, princess. How you feelin’ today?" He gave me a soft smile.

"Good morning. I'm felling pretty good. Thanks for asking. How are you?" I gave him a warm smile.

"I'm good, thanks. Have you been up long?"

"No. I've only been awake long enough to read my note from Mason. I'm supposed to tell you, he says thanks for being here. It makes him feel a little better knowing I'm not alone." I was blushing a little and smiling.

He smiled back and said "It’s my pleasure. I'm happy to be here."

We talked for a while about the weather, hospital food, which wasn’t bad if you washed it down with Mt. Dew, and a few other things. Mostly small talk, stuff you would talk to your dad about. It was strange how easy it was to look at him like a dad. I even mentioned it too, and he agreed how strange it felt to look at me like a daughter. Especially, since he never had any children.

Mary came in with breakfast, for the both of us, and asked "Is there anything else I get you two?"

Brandon smiled and said "No ma’am. Thanks for the breakfast."

I smiled and said "No, but thanks, Mary." When she left, I got myself up and to the edge of the bed. Brandon was right there by the time I started to uncover my legs. I said "I need to use the restroom." I gave an embarrassed smile.

He laughed lightly and said "No problem, princess. I'll help you up." He took my hands, gently helped me up, and walked me over to the bathroom. He stood there and waited for me. He helped me back to bed and tucked me in, just like Mason. I couldn't help but smile at that thought. As he pushed the table back over to me, he said "Here's your breakfast, princess."

"Thanks. I really appreciate the help." Smiling up at him I added "You know you don't have to stay if you have other things to take care of. I'm really not alone here." I looked toward the hallway. “I don’t want you to feel obligated or anything.”

"Yeah, I know, but I really do like being here. I can't help but wonder when I'm not here if your okay or not. Seeing you okay is better than hearing it second hand.” He smiled and added with a wink, “Besides, the foods not that bad."

We both laughed lightly. "Thank you. I really enjoy the company." I half giggled and sighed at the same time. Then added with a big smile "Let's eat."

Seems I can't stop smiling around my new found 'family'. No matter what the conversation. While we ate, we chatted about this and that - the game he watched last night, the late show we both had watched, how much we liked Mason, and other random things. He spent the whole day with me. We ate lunch and dinner together. When it was time for me to go to sleep and him to leave, he kissed the top of my head, smiled again and said "Sweet dreams, princess. I'll see you tomorrow." Then he left.

I laid there for a while thinking about Brandon and Mason, mostly Mason. I couldn't believe how easy it was to accept them and be accepted by them. It was almost like a dream. Well, not one of my dreams, but a normal one. I don't remember dreaming when I finally fell asleep, so I got some pretty good rest.

Monday and Tuesday, went pretty much the same.

OCTOBER 19th (Wednesday)

When I woke up, Mason was sitting on the edge of my bed with a big bouquet of white roses. "Good morning, My Love. I thought you could use some new flowers. The other ones are starting to wilt a little." He leaned down and kissed me. When he pulled away, we were both smiling from ear to ear.

“Mmm, definitely a good morning.” I mumbled, smiling up at him.

Brandon came in a few minutes later, and greeted Mason like a son. They shook hands, did that half hug pat thing guys do. It was strange, but nice. Around lunch time, the twins came to visit. That was definitely surprising, but I guess it shouldn't have been. I mean, we felt drawn to them, so it should have been expected by now.

We even talked about how we ALL felt drawn to each other, and how odd it was. Not one of us could come up with a reason. I wanted to tell them all so bad about The Dream, but knew I shouldn't. My gut instinct was telling me not yet, so I listened to it.

The rest of week went about the same. Each day Mason would wake me up with a sweet kiss, and Brandon and the twins would show up shortly after.

OCTOBER 21st (Friday)

Mason surprised everyone, including me, when he said "Well, in my opinion, Michelle should be able to leave by Monday." He sat next to me on the bed, looked deep into my eyes and took my hand in his. "I know we haven't known each other very long, but I also know you need a place to stay. I have more than enough room and you will be well taken care of. I would be more than happy, if you would stay with me.” He was smiling his sweet smile and almost begging me with his eyes.

I was absolutely smiling, when I said "I would like that very much." He kissed me long and passionately.

When he pulled away, he left his forehead against mine and said "I have one other question for you." He smiled wryly. "So you wouldn’t mind if I had already made the arrangements for you to be released into my care?"

I half giggled and said "No, I don't mind." I stole myself another quick kiss.

Brandon sarcastically said "How did you know she wouldn't mind?"

Mason answered anyway "I didn't, but I was really hoping she didn’t."

We all laughed. The rest of the time in there went pretty much the same. Mason was there every minute I was awake, unless he was on duty. The twins and Brandon also seemed to be there every minute they could be. I rarely got any time for myself, but I actually enjoyed it. That was a little different for me, because I use to like being alone, a lot.