Chapter Twenty Eight

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

I was more hurt by the situation than I could have ever imagine. I questioned myself as a man, mentally diminishing my character as I thought about the situation at hand. She told my mother and her friend before she could step to me, her man.  

I felt like it was her choice of revenge, her decision to hit me below the belt, exactly where she knows it hurts. I didn't understand how she could think that I would be fine with being the last to know, that was my fucking child.

She knew about all of the things I'd done to her, but it seemed like we would never get over it. Every move I made was to show her how much I was willing to change, but this situation really had me second guessing what I thought we were.

Here I was, I was sulking in my own tears like a little boy. I scoffed, taking a sip of water while walking around the studio. "I don't give a fuck anymore". I paced my back and forth, replaying the scene in mind.

It was like fifty craters hitting me at once, causing me to depend on the wall for support. If I had to be honest with myself, it hurt like hell. "How could I be so fucking stupid"? I questioned.

The water drinking, anytime we were out Kennedy always enjoyed sharing a few drinks with me. Those restless nights, she rarely ever woke up from her sleep throughout the night. The disappearance, when she never replied on the day of the concert, she must've been at the the doctor appointment.

"Duh! How the fuck didn't you get that"? I heard a loud sigh, causing me to turn around. Chubbs stood in the doorway, probably watching my 'breakdown'.

"Just call her man, go and see her. You in the same city as her and you're going crazy, when you can take a simple ride over to her". I sighed, running my hand over my face. "I'm out here on the road with you, missing days away from my son and my girl. Yours is here, stop acting like a bitch man".

I cut my eyes at him, throwing up my middle finger. "I don't know man, it's been three days and she hasn't even called, texted, or emailed me. I know she knows I'm still here, it's just a lot man".

"Suck it up Aub, you don't got another choice. You know you're my brother and I'd never tell you anything wrong, but the situation is fifty-percent of your fault. You told her you didn't care about what she did with the baby, so how you think that made her feel. I ain't gone allow you to bitch out on that child, no matter what you and Ken got going on".

•••

I pulled my hood over my head, walking into the shop. It was a little after 3:00 pm, so I figured Ken would still be in the shop. I nodded at the same receptionist who was always there, making my way through the shop. No one was really here, which was quite surprising. I saw a few of the barbers cutting hair, and Kylie came walking from the back. I tried to pass her without speaking, heading for Kennedy's office. "Aubrey"? I heard Kylie's voice, causing me to turn around.

"I'm just tryna talk to Ken, I gotta go soon after this". She walked over to me, "She's not here". I sighed, "I can wait in her office, that's fine". Kylie sighed, "I don't want you to feel like I have anything to do with what's going on with you guys".

"I'm not mad, I don't have a relationship with you and that's the issue. I understand you and Ken are close friends, but I don't appreciate her turning to you for our personal situations every single time".
Kylie shook her head, "I promise you, I wouldn't try to turn her away from you in any way, shape, or form. You're like a brother to me and me being involved in the situation was unexpected".