Chapter Twenty Six

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

I walked into my office, feeling everything I'd eaten for breakfast getting ready to come up. Before I could even make it to the toilet, I let it all out on the tiles of my office bathroom. I held my stomach, trying my hardest to breathe but felt near death while choking on my own vomit.

After a few seconds, I'd finally caught my breath but was quickly taken over by a nauseous feeling. My stomach was doing back flips and my heading was pounding, I knew I'd have a hell of a ride throughout this pregnancy. I sighed, realizing the mess I'd made on the bathroom floor.

Walking back into my office, I replaced my Jimmy Choo pumps with Nike Slides, allowing my feet to get some rest from the heels.

Just as I was getting ready to get cleaning supplies, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it"? I asked curiously, watching the door crack open. "Jelani, your brother". I motioned for him to come in as I stuck a piece of gum into my mouth.

"You okay Nic"? He asked with a worried look, finally entering the room. I nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm okay". He held up a bottle of water, "Is there something you need to tell me"? My left eyebrow rose, figuring that he knew something. "What do you think that I need to tell you"?

"You're pregnant, aren't you". I nodded my head, fidgeting with the huge heart-shaped diamond ring that sat on my ring finger. "How'd you figure"?

He shrugged, "You're my sister, I've been seeing your habits change. Throughout the day, you'll take about two naps and everybody knows you hate naps. You've also started to request the weirdest things from the store, and the throwing up... I can hear it". I sighed, "Well damn Mr.Know-It-All".

He laughed, "Ma know yet"? I shook my head, "No, I haven't gotten the chance to head over there. I was just going to wait until Thanksgiving, but I don't really want everyone to know yet. I'm just getting adjusted to the news, so I want everyone to know when I'm ready".

He nodded his head, "Does your man know"? I shook my head, "Not yet, only you and Kylie". He scoffed, probably thinking about something negative.

"I haven't even met him yet and he's gotten you pregnant". I rolled my eyes, "You could've met him on numerous occasions, you just never asked. You're still buddy-buddy with Safaree, so I figured you wouldn't want to meet him. It's been months since we've been seeing each other, and you've been in the same room with him more than once... So let's not go there".

He shrugged his shoulders, "You're my little sister, so whatever makes you happy is way bigger than Safaree. He seems like he's content with his new relationship, so why shouldn't you be".

"Who said I wasn't"? He chuckled, "I wasn't saying  it like that, you know what I meant. I just want you to be careful this time around, you know"?

I nodded my head, taking a sip of the water he'd brought me. "I will, I'm a big girl now". He smiled, "You'll be twenty eight in a little over two weeks and you're going to be a mother, I feel old as hell".

I shook my head, "You are, to be honest. On a serious note though, I need to clean up this mess". He waved me off, "I'll get, you can go home if you need to". I sighed, "No, absolutely not. I feel like you've been picking up so much of my slack lately, and it isn't fair".