Chapter Twenty-Four

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

"I honestly don't feel like doing anything today Jason. I just want to go home, get in my bed, and sleep the rest of the day away". I sighed, clicking out of my Gmail account. It was going on 3:00pm and I'd been in the shop since 8:00am.

Becoming the girlfriend of one of the most talented rappers of this generation was great, but all of these people came out of no where. Everyday I'd receive emails asking for interviews, as if I was the famous one. Even random companies contacted me on a daily basis asking me to model or be the face of their projects. I had no problems venturing off into business deals, but the price had to be right.

"You talked to Drake"? I nodded my head, sending my mother a quick text. "He called a couple hours ago, we're planning to possibly go on vacation for my birthday. He's also going to fly-in tomorrow morning just to spend some time".

Jason smiled, "It doesn't even seem like three weeks since we were in Toronto and bitch your about to be twenty-eight, you're my fucking grandmother".

I sighed, "Jason shut the hell up". I stood up, hitting a quick twerk move. "Your grandmother wasn't fucking with me at twenty-eight and she ain't fucking with me now".

He laughed, "Speaking of boos, I actually met someone not too long ago and we're actually going out tonight". I rose an eyebrow, "He isn't anyone's baby father or husband, right"?

He laughed, "I told you I'm retiring from my ho-ish ways, I'm really trying to reinvent myself". I shook my head, "Well I'm happy for you with this mystery man, lord knows I've been waiting on this since forever".

Interrupting our conversation, my cell phone rung. I quickly glanced down, seeing Kylie's name flash across the screen. "Hello". I heard her heavily  breathing on the other end of the phone, which automatically made worry.

"Nic are you busy"? Jason watched as my facial expression changed, "I'm at the shop, is everything okay Kylie"?

"No, it's Marcus. We got into the huge argument and he got really really upset. I haven't been feeling too good, and I missed my period this month.. I'm scared Nic. We're not in a space right now to bring a child into this world". I sighed, "Do you need anything, I'm coming over".

"Would you mind bringing some soup, I feel a sore throat coming on". Without hesitation, I told Jason I was leaving and locked my office up for the day.

Kylie was like the little sister I'd never had, and I hated seeing her go through shit with her childish ass boyfriend. She was a great girl with much potential, and I personally knew she deserved so much more than she received.

On my way to her loft, I stopped by a small cafe and grabbed her a cup of Cheddar-Broccoli soup. When I did reach her door, she opened it and I quickly began to feel bad for my baby. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her body was covered by an oversized yellow hoodie.

"My poor baby", I came in and sat her soup on the kitchen counter. When she came intothe kitchen area, I quickly pulled her into a tight hug. "What happened"? She pulled away, motioning for me to sit in a kitchen stool.

"Well, last night he came over and his phone just kept ringing, but he wouldn't answer. I asked him who it was, and he said some kids had been playing on his phone all day. I paid it no mind until he went to his car and accidentally left his phone".

They always say never go searching for something you don't wanna see, BUT I 100% disagree. If that's your man and you share a relationship based off of trust, there shouldn't be anything to hide.