Chapter Twenty-Two

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

I laid my head against the window as Aubrey pulled away from the airport. We'd just dropped Kylie and Jason off, and I missed them already. Besides TT and Candi, those two were my closest friends. We've all basically grown together in the shop, and I've watch them both turn their skills into something bigger than life.

"I know you aren't sad already"? Aubrey took his eyes away from road, quickly glancing at me. I smiled, "No I'm fine babe, just hate to see them leave me". He nodded his head, placing his hand on my left thigh. "You know what I want tonight"? My left eyebrow rose, "I don't know, but you can tell me". His mind was always an enigma to me, I think that was one of the reasons why we were so attracted to each other. We could see through all of the bullshit of other people but us, we managed to keep each other on our toes.

"I just want to stay in tonight, cut off our phones, and cook dinner together. I know you're only here for a couple more days, so I want this day to really be all about us".

"That's fine by me, just make sure no one pops up unannounced. I still have a slight headache from all of OB's yelling, lord knows him and Patron isn't a good match". He laughed, "I promise it's just me and you, but face it, OB makes the party".

"He does, but you know he's a little too much sometimes". He nodded his head, "So we're going to make this all about my guys. Let's not get started on Jason and Kylie, damn near ready to brawl over the last shrimp. Then they argue all day about Jason being a woman and Kylie's relationship. I think your friends are worse".

I tried my best not to laugh, but it was nearly impossible. Thinking about all of the shit Jason and Kylie did on a daily basis, versus the shit Aubrey's crew did with liquor in their system. It was sad to say, but I honestly believe that my friends were worse, especially if you were to add TT and Candi.

We pulled into the driveway of the house, and we both got out at the same time. Trying to beat the Toronto chills, I attempted to speed walk, but I felt Aubrey wrap his arms around my waist and pull me up into the air.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and laid my head in the crook of his neck, suddenly feeling
the bitter chills of Toronto go away. He was always so warm. We stood in the same position for a moment, but I honestly wanted it to last forever. It was moments like this, the most simplest thing, that could make my heart melt.

In this moment, I knew he was the man I was destined to be with. No matter how much I could second guess myself, I ultimately knew that no one could ever have a hold on me like this man. I've made my decision, I've mentally verified my choice. I choose him, and only him.

I didn't want to break away from his strong hold on me, so he carried me to the front door. With my body weight one arm, he fished his pockets for the house keys.

Once he found them, he opened the door without a problem and made sure everything was locked up. Through it all, he acted as if he wasn't carrying me in his arms. He allowed me to just enjoy being in his arms. His scent was a scent that I knew too well, and actually loved.

It was still quite early, so we had time to spare before making dinner together. He carried me into the room, laying in the middle of the bed with me still tight in his arms. I looked up at him, smiling. "What are you thinking about Aubrey"?

He shrugged his shoulders, "Just actually thinking about what we have the possibility to be". I ran my thumb over his left cheek. "Where do you imagine us"? I asked him.

"I think we'll be together in the end, no matter what path we have to go down. I only want you, and I can't imagine myself just moving on from what we have". I smiled, knowing that I felt the same way. I couldn't imagine myself living without Aubrey, and I didn't want to.