Chapter Thirteen

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

"Alright..call me after your meeting tomorrow, and let me know how everything went". She pouted, "I miss you Aubrey, it's been three weeks since we saw each other".  I sighed, "I know Ken, but these last three months been a little hectic, you know that I'm trying to put out this project".

"I know, but I miss you daddy". I smiled, "You know I miss you too, did you get that package I sent you"? She nodded her head, "Yes, thank you baby".

Chubbs came into the room, motioning for me to hurry up. "Alright, I have to hurry up and go. We have to make this appearance". She sighed, "Okay, I'll call you after the meeting tomorrow". 

After a few more goodbyes, I ended the FaceTime call. She seemed a little sad, but she knew what it was with me. I had to be gone for long periods of time, it was my life. For the last few months, I'd stop in New York for a night or two. We'd spend a day together, make love, then she'd pout every time we'd arrive at the airport.

That shit was cute, but I didn't want her to feel left out.  The media chilled out on us, some even assuming that we were over. There were even a few false engagement articles, due to the ring I brought her as a gift. 

"We need to be leaving for the club now, can't be late tonight". I quickly hopped out of the bed, slipping on a pair of Jordan's. "You know I had to chill Kennedy out before we left, or she'll be tripping". He shook his head, "That's that relationship shit, tonight is a chill night. We're in Miami, and we need to turn the fuck up", Chubbs said as he hit my shoulder.

Thirty minutes later and two trucks deep, the guys were pulling up to LIV. After going through security and getting escorted to our section, we ordered bottles for the whole V.I.P section. 2 chainz- Watch Out blasted through the club, which was filled with half dressed woman and drunk men. "Order thirty more bottles". OB nodded his head, calling a waitress over. I felt someone tapping my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

Turning around, I was greeted with a ting from the past. "Aubrey", she said pulling me into a hug. "How have you been Bernice"? She shrugged her shoulders, "I've been fine, how about yourself"?

"I've been fine, trying to enjoy life". She nodded her head, sipping out of a black straw. "How long are you going to be in Miami"?

"I'll be leaving tomorrow night, how about you"? She shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe a week or two, I have some photoshoots and appearances in the area". I nodded my head, "You've  been working hard, I see you. I'm proud of you Bernice, stay on your grind".

"Thank you Aubrey". I nodded my head, "You good, you need anything"? She shook her head, "Nah I think I'm going to head out, just stopped by to say hello". I pulled her into a quick hug, "Call me before you leave, I want to see you again Hun", she kissed my cheek before walking away.

By the time the night ended, most of the guys were out of it. "OB get off the fucking floor". We all burst out laughing, as he attempted to crawl into a room. "Drunk ass". I shook my head, scrolling through my contacts.

I grabbed my headphones, and walked out on the balcony. After a few rings, her sweet voice came into the phone. "Hello". I smiled, "You still up"? There was an awkward silence, "Yes Aubrey".

"Come see me, you need me to send a car"? I leaned against the banister, "No, what hotel are you at"? I looked at the sky as a airplane flew past the hotel. "Hotel Beaux Arts Miami, Suite on the 39th floor". I tapped my hand against the phone, "Give me an hour, I'll be there".