Chapter Eight

Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

"It feels good to be back at the estate. New York is great, but the estate is even better". OB sat on the opposite side of the studio rolling up a blunt, while I played around with different beats.

As soon as I left New York, I went to Toronto for a couple days to see my family. After I left my city, I headed straight to my home in Calabasas. I had been at home in Cali for about two weeks now, but my work effort has been slow.

I sighed in frustration, I couldn't get this shit right and I didn't know why. I couldn't find no type of inspiration.
"This shit ain't working right now, hurry and roll up".

OB threw his hands up in defense, "Hey, don't take your anger out on me. You know I gotta take my time with this shit, marijuana is perfection".

"I'm not angry, I'm just frustrated. It's like my mind is blank, nothing to think about". The studio doors opened, 40 and Oliver walked in.

"You got anything yet? I sent you a few new sounds, you got 'em"?

"Yeah I got them, but this shit ain't working right now. I'm having a serious case of writers block". Oliver walked over and patted my back, "You'll come up with something, you always do".

I thought about it and thought about it, but nothing came to mind. I picked up my phone, sending a quick text to her. I hadn't talked to her since yesterday, when she was busy having a nervous breakdown from what people were saying about her.

The paps caught pictures of us going into the restaurant and her coming into the studio. She complained about the negative comments people were leaving, but I assured her they were just mad that it wasn't them.

"Aubrey they said I'm just another groupie, they don't even know me. I wish that bitch was in my face, I'll show her ass a groupie. Show ha ass how you get stomped on Queens".

I switched the phone from speaker mode, and placed it onto my right ear.

"Kennedy you can't worry about them, you know you're not a fucking groupie. They're just mad because they're not in your place".

"OH MY GOD! They called me the new massive booty stripper of the month, I'm not a fucking stripper. They acting like I'm the flavor of the month".

I laughed a little at her exaggeration. After calming her down, she finally understood that this was something she'd have to deal with if associated with me.

..

FROM: KENNEDY

I MISS YOU TOO AUBREY, ARE YOU COMING BACK TO NEW YORK ANYTIME SOON?

---
TO: KENNEDY

UNFORTUNATELY NOT, I HAVE A LOT TO DO IN CALI. I HAD AN IDEA THOUGH..
---
FROM: KENNEDY

WHAT IDEA DO YOU HAVE?

---
TO: KENNEDY