Chapter Seven

Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj.

Last night was something totally unexpected. I wasn't too sure of how he would treat me, but the date actually went well. The scenery was beautiful and the food was delicious.

I wasn't looking forward to falling in love with anyone, but I totally looked to Aubrey as a future friend.

I was leaving out of the house to head to the salon, and I could truly say my mood was off today. I was happy this morning but random thoughts of Safaree still filled my mind. I wondered if he had thought of me or was I now a non-factor in his life. I just needed to know, or at least I wanted to.

I was lightly dressed, just something to complete my few tasks I had for the day. I added a few clip-ins and curls to my hair with light make up. I settled on a pair of Blue Jeans, Gray Hoodie, and Floral-Print Givenchy Sneakers. Like usual, it was going to be chilly so I slipped a Blue Jean Jacket on also.

I quickly made it to the shop, squeezing my way through the light traffic. I said my hello greetings to everyone, then locked myself in my office. I was focusing on new projects that could possibly benefit the shop. I didn't know if I wanted to venture off into our own exclusive hair products, or sell merchandise from other companies.

As a great shop that was fairly established, we still needed something or someone to make our imprint stable. I would like for my name to be remembered in this hair game, but adding new touches would be the only way to ensure my wants.

I looked over the few bills for the shop, making sure all of my accounts were in the right order. My phone buzzed indicating that I had a text message, but I really wasn't paying attention.

I looked at my computer screen noticing that it was damn near 12:00pm. I hadn't even noticed that I'd been in my office for hours, but I did get a lot accomplished. Making a mental note to finish the bills later, I picked up my phone to checke the text messages.

FROM: AUBREY

HEY, JUST CHECKING ON YOU. IMA BE IN THE CITY FOR A FEW MORE DAYS, CAN I SEE YOU TONIGHT?

I somehow found the urge to smile at his text message, I found it cute how he tried to slide the last part in. I texted him back letting him know I was about to leave work, and was free for the rest of the day. The second message was from my mother, she was just doing her usual check in. I let her know that I'd been feeling better and reminded her that I loved her lots.

After I responded to the messages, I grabbed my things and exited the office. I said goodbye to everyone then headed to my car.

The more that I grew in my career, the less clients I had. I kept most of my loyal day one clients, but I I've tried to put my employees on.

I made sure that everyone had a fair chance of gaining clientele, I just wanted my whole team to eat.

I remembered being hungry in the hair game, but I had to teach myself everything. I watched others do certain hairstyles, and I'd try them out myself. I made sure my team was treated fairly, and everyone helped each other out. I learned that there's too much food out there for only one person to eat.

Before I could even pull out of the parking lot, I received another text message. I searched my purse until I found my phone, and unlocked it.