Chapter twenty five: Black eyes

I jumped as I heard the familiar sound of my phone ringing. I hadn't moved in two days, it was like I was glued to the ground. I grabbed my phone and lifted it to my ear.

"Hello?" I croak out.

"Damn, it's hot here! Anyways I'm at the airport, text me the address." I hear Sami chirp into the phone. I text her the address and slowly gather myself off the floor.

"Hey, Liv, how you feeling?" Jai asks as I pass him sitting on the couch.

"I'm fine." I mumble going to sit next to him.

"If it makes you feel any better, Luke kicked summer out and he hasn't left his room either." Jai laughs. I feel my blood run cold at the mention of his name. "Sorry." Jai sighs. No one knows that Sami will be here shortly.

"Sami is going to be here soon." I say finally looking in Jai's eyes,

"Sami? Like from California?" He asks, I smile because that's exactly what I said.

"Yeah." I sigh. "Don't ask questions, she did it spur of the moment, I guess." I shrug.

***

"Hey fuck heads!" Sami yells and Jai and I rush to the door. "Are you two together?" She smirks.

"No." I hear a raspy voice behind me. I turn around and look at him. His eyes are bloodshot and his hair is tussled and unruly. I know I don't look much better though.

"So you're still single, hmm." Sami smirks and hugs the twins. "Where the hell are Beau, Daniel, and James?" She ask throwing her bags on the ground.

"Backyard." Jai points and she rushes outside.

"It's your favorite blonde! Oops sorry, Liv, hey love the hair by the way!" She yells and I smile. I missed when I had her attitude. Before him.

"Samantha is that you?" Daniel yells. She laughs and tugs off her shorts and shirt, leaving her in a bra and panties. She dives into the pool and hugs the boys.

"She's great." Jai laughs, walking outside. Thanks for leaving me here, with him.

"Can we talk?" Luke asks.

"There's no point. Broken people can't fix each other, Luke. We were stupid to think this could've worked." I say. More than anything do I want it to be Luke and I, but that's just not realistic.

"But I love you." His voice cracks and I can see the tears threatening to spill from his eyes, so I look away.

"And I love you, it's just not enough." I shake my head and going outside. I wait to hear him following me, but instead I hear him run up to his room.

"Come on on, Liv!" Sami yells.

"Birds can't swim." James smirks, small bird.

"Trust me, fairies can't swim." Daniel says at the same time, fairy.

"Can someone give me what they're having?" Sami laughs.

"I can't swim, is what they're swimming." I shrug looking down at my feet.

"Aw, no biggie, I should get out anyways. See you guys later!" She waves to the boys and climbs out of the pool.

***

It was two in the morning now. Sami said she wanted to unlock, shower, and eat.

"You're sure it's cool that I crash here?" She asks, sitting on the couch in the basement.

"Course. But what'd you need to talk about?" I ask curiously. She looks up at me and studies my face.

"You won't believe me when I tell you." Her voice drops. I sit on the couch with her as she digs through her bag. "Have you seen this before?" She asks shoving a picture in my hands. It was the picture. Of the two little girls, one of them being me and my sister, who I didn't even know I had. The one that Luke hid from me. The one my family hid from me.

"Yeah." My voice cracks, wondering just where she was.

"That's me." She points to the girl on the left.

"B-But that's me." I point to the girl on the right. "O-Oh my. You mean." I shake my head looking at her.

"Hey sis." She smiles.

"Oh my god!" I yell and throw my arms around her. "I can't believe it's you." I cry. She pulls me arms length away and stares at me.

"I knew it was you, no one has eyes like mine, well ours, actually." She laughs.

"But that's not it." All laughter drained from her voice.

"What else could there possibly be?" I laugh. She grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs and out the front door.

"What the hell are we doing?" I ask her.

"Just wait." After a few minutes two girls walk down the street. "Watch." She whispers and walks towards them.

"Oh my gosh, hey!" She yells and hugs one of them.

"Do I know you?" The girl asks. Sami grabs the girl and looks at the other.

"Run." She whispers to her and the girl springs off.

"What the hell are you?" The girl yells. Sami whispers something, but I can't hear it.

"Ow!" The girl scream bloody murder as she drops to the ground, holding her head.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask.

"Nothing." Suddenly I look up at Sami and her eyes are completely black.

"S-Sami." I stutter.

"Don't you get it, Liv? I can inflict pain on people and so can you." She smirks as her eyes turn back to normal.

"I think I'd know if I could do that!" I yell pointing to the girl.

"No you don't understand. I found our birth mother. We were given away at birth. Apparently our mom was obsessed with witchcraft and she did something to us, no we can do these things." She shakes her head.

"Then why'd she get rid of us?" I ask, more than confused.

"Our dad did, he didn't agree with moms practice. But he died in the army. I know it's sounds completely fake, but just try it, Liv." She gestures to the girl who is now rubbing her temples.

"I-I"

"It's easy. Just look at her and think of something to hurt her, nose bleed, extreme head pain, you name it. Just try." She says and grips my shoulders. "Come on."

I look down at the girl and the first thing that pops in my head is a broken wrist. I hear a cracking sound and see her wrist twist in an inhuman way.

"Fuck!" She screams and grips her wrist. I look away and bite my bottom lip.

"You did it!" Sami yells.

"This isn't a good thing, I broke her wrist." I shake my head.

"You'll get used to it." Sami shrugs kneeling down to the girl.

"Go home and forget this." She whispers. The girl nods and runs away from the house.

"This isn't normal, we are not normal!" I point between us.

"Maybe not, but just think about it." She smiles and walks inside.

I pull at my hair and look up at the moon. I am not normal. I am a product of a man, a woman, and a spell. I look up at Luke's window and feel tears drop down my cheek. He would hate me if he knew what I was. Do you even know what you are?

"I'm not normal." I whisper and drop to my knees. "I'm not fucking normal." I sob. "I hate myself." You are not who he fell in love with, I wipe away my tears and shake my head. "I'm not that girl anymore."

A/N
Understand the title of the story now?

Question of the day: Netflix or Hulu?

My answer: NETFLIXXXXXX

Hugs, Cass

Vote and comment, loves:)