Chapter eleven: Something like that

"Luke?" I yelled. I was walking down the dark street and I was getting more nervous by the second.

"Luke, I'm sorry! Please you have to let me explain." I pleaded for him to come running towards me.

All I've ever wanted was for someone to love me. Someone did. Luke. I wanted more than anything to love him. But our love story was a figment of my imagination. A story pieced together by a lonely, bad boy, who had, quote unquote, fallen in love with a not-so-bad girl.

You're an idiot. And you're a bitch, what's new? The forest. Sometimes, just sometimes, my self conscious, who never seemed to agree with me, was very helpful.

So I sprinted as fast as my legs allowed. Luke had made up to story, but if the girls were real, who's to say that his spot wasn't real.

After what felt like an eternity of running I saw the breaking of the trees and the large rock where, Luke, sat. Even in the dark he was still the simplest kind of beautiful. You love him. No, it wasn't real.

"Luke?" I croaked out through the tears I didn't even realize had started down my face.

"Olivia, go away." He shook his head.

"I want to talk to you, about everything." I sat next to him on the freezing surface of the rock.

"So talk." He looked at me and I could tell he was crying, even when the only light was from the glow of the moon.

"My mom always told me growing up, that the most simple things, were the most beautiful things. I strived to be that kind of beautiful. But that's what I loved about the story you told me. It had its points of being crazy, but in those parts they were a crazy kind of beautiful. But most of the time the story was a simple kind of beautiful and I'd do anything to have that story be a reality."

"Then let it be the reality, Liv. I made that story, hoping you'd fall just as in love as I am with you." He said and laced his fingers with mine. I looked down at our intertwined hands and smiled. You love him, stop denying it.

"I want to Luke. Actually, I thought I was, but everything is different. I woke up and it was all make believe. I am not good enough for your love, Luke. I push every single good thing away." I shook my head.

"But what if we start over, hi I'm Luke." He smiled at me.

"Olivia." I laughed.

"But, Luke, how did you know about my um, my past." I gulped.

"I knew about you for years. I was friends with Josh and he told me about you. I wanted to know more and then one day you showed up here and I couldn't believe. I'd heard stories of you and how you were such a good kid then it all changed. That's okay though, I love, I mean like you this way." He looked at me.

"You aren't afraid?" I asked.

"Why would I be?" He shakes his head.

"When someone finds out that I failed suicide, they usually stop talking to me."

"I would never. You are just a sad girl, but I will make you happy, I promise." He smiled and I had the urge to kiss him, but I couldn't.

"We should go." I stood up, snaking my hand out of his.

"Alright, come on." He said walking out of the woods with me and on a long walk to his house.

***

"Luke, you fucking idiot!" I heard Beau yell. I sat up and listened to the yelling.

"Not my fault that you decided to throw a party." Luke laughed, which made me smile. He had one of those laughs that, wait stop thinking about him.