Chapter seventeen: Tilting worlds

Luke's pov:

Before I could process everything, I sprinted after Olivia.

"Just stop." Jai pulled me by my wrist. He looked at me, sympathetically.

"I, I didn't mean to hurt her. I thought I was protecting her." I dropped to the ground shaking my head.

"I don't know what's going on, but just give her space for now." Jai patted my shoulder and walked in the opposite direction, towards his room.

I slowly walked back to my room and sat on the ground staring at the picture. I knew about this way before I even met her. Joshua and I used to be best friends and he always told me his family gossip.

After hours of feeling guilty and just thinking, I realized it was midnight. Maybe I should check on her?

So I walk downstairs and nudge open her door. She's laying on her bed, tucked up into a ball. I learned that she did this when she was upset.

I looked at her tear stained face and I mentally slapped myself. I grabbed a spare blanket from the living room and laid it across her body.

"I love you, I'm sorry." I whispered to her sleeping body. I leave her room and go back to mine.

I try to sleep, but I couldn't. Not until I explained everything to her.

Olivia's pov:

I sit up and rubbed my eyes. I look over at the clock set next to my bed. Three in the morning.

The aching feeling already returned and I hated myself for that. I hated him for that. If I didn't fall in love with him, I would have my perfectly built wall around me and I couldn't ignore what that picture meant.

"Fuck this." I mumble and throw the blanket, that I didn't remembering putting on myself, off. I will not be weak, I will not turn into the fragile for I once was.

I stomped up to Luke's room and threw open his door.

"Talk." I said sternly, as he looked at me from his bed. He nodded and sat up. He patted the spot next to him, but I shook my head.

I shut his door and lean my body on it.

"How long have you known?" I ask.

"Awhile, since before I met you. Joshua told me about it when we were friends." He reached it out towards me and I take it from his hands. I grimace as I stare at it.

"So what you told me while I was in the hospital, it's true?" I ask.

"Yeah, I didn't know if you'd really hear me. I'm sorry you found out that way." He looks down to his feet and I feel bad, but I'm too mad to comfort him.

"I wanted to tell you earlier, but I didn't know how or when. You seemed so fragile and I didn't want to hurt you more." He sighs.

"You think that I'm fragile?" I didn't want him to see me that way.

"I know you are. You out yo this brave front because you don't want anyone to know that you actually aren't as brave as you act." He says nonchalantly.

"You would too if." He cuts me off.

"If I tried to commit suicide?"

"Yes." I breathe out. I know that he already knew, but admitting it to him is like being punched in the gut.

"I don't see you as fragile because of that, Liv. I see you as fragile because of this. You've been lied to your whole life and you didn't even know it." He shakes his head.

"What?" I gape. My whole life is a lie? He can't mean that literally.

"I think we should talk about this in the morning." He tries to change the subject.

"No, Luke, I need to know now." I emphasize the, now.

"It's going to hurt you, a lot more than you think." He adds. I shake my head for him to continue but he tells me to sit down. I sit on the she of his bed and wait for the blow.

"Your mom, dad, Kate, your uncle and aunt, and Joshua are not your family." He bluntly says.

"What do you mean? There are pictures of me in the hospital with them as a newborn." I shake my head.

"No, Liv, your birth mother gave you away to her friend who couldn't have children, your mother. They took those pictures when you were born, but not from your mum, your real mum. All in the same hospital room." He shakes his room.

"Why me? Was I not good enough for them?" I mumble. Figures. I was never good enough for anyone and it all made sense, I haven't been since the second I came to those world.

"They had to choose and I guess you were the one. I know this is a lot to take in, and I'm sorry. I don't know how else to tell you." He grips on to my hand and squeezes.

"Does she know where I am? My real mom?" I ask.

"Not exactly. Her and your mom stopped talking after your birth. Your mom took you and left the state and moved to Minnesota with you. She said that if you two ever met that it's be too confusing for you, well that's what Joshua told me."

I could feel my world flipping upside down. Like was right, my life is a lie. And I have lived every second of it thinking I was just different than my family, when in reality, I wasn't even there's.

"But what about Katie? I thought my mom, I mean, Mandy, couldn't have kids?" I ask. Id have to start to get used to calling her, Mandy, instead of mom.

"I don't really know, maybe she got really lucky or something?" He shrugs his shoulders.

I take a moment to take it all in. I didn't have a family. My birth mom gave me away and Mandy wasn't ever mine. I was no ones.

"I love you, Olivia. I'm sorry for keeping this from you." He sighs as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I whisper.

"So it's all true?" I ask.

"You have a twin sister." He replies.

A/N
Hellooooo:)

I am falling asleep writing this note so night night sleep tight<3

Hugs and kisses, Cä$$

Heheh see what I did ^^ there