Chapter twenty one: First

The day had come faster than I hoped. I was going to sit with the girl I couldn't stand and eat dinner with my boyfriends mother.

"Almost done?" Luke calls through my door.

"Yeah!" I yell and he opens the door and smiles at me. I had curled my blonde hair and did a light amount of makeup.

"I knew this was gonna be the perfect dress." Luke says as he places his hands on waist. "You look beautiful." He smiles and pecks my lips.

"Thank you." I know my cheeks were red, but Luke always made me blush.

"Well everyone is going to meet us there.
We're going to pick up my mum." Luke informs me as we walk upstairs. I nod and follow Luke to his car.

***

"I've missed you two!" Gina hugs Luke then me. I smile as Luke pulls out her chair and pushes it in as she sits down.

"They should be here soon, Jai just texted me." I tell Gina. She nods and jumps right into a conversation with Luke.

"Mum!" Jai says and hugs Gina. Beau and Summer walk in and I instantly flare with hatred. She was wearing the exact same dress I was wearing and her model shaped body looked way better in it then my slightly bigger middle schooler body. I glance at Luke who is already looking at me.

"Let it go, please. For my mum." Luke whispers and I nod.

"Who is this beautiful girl, Jai? You didn't tell me you got a girlfriend!" Gina smiles and hugs her sons and Summer.

"Thank you Mrs. Brooks." Summer smiles. Ugh.

"Please call me Gina!" She laughs.

"Luke, you are so right, this color is really nice." Summer smirks.

"Yeah, so funny how you got the exact same dress as mine, but who really cares? Not me." I cross my arms. She throws her hair over her shoulder and sits in between Luke and Jai.

***

I sat and waited for Luke to say it was time to leave. The last two hours have been hell. Summer took over and quickly made Gina her 'best friend'

"Luke, I'm going to the bathroom." I whisper and he kisses the top of my head.

I splash water on my face and dab it away with some paper towel.

"Tonight has been going so well." Summer says, opening the door. I nod and start to walk out, but she grabs my wrist. "Not so fast." I can hear the smirk in her voice.

"What do you want?" I groan.

"I thought we were friends, love. But you act like you can't stand me." She say.

"Oh, it's not acting." I roll my eyes.

"You're just jealous because Gina and all of the boys like me better than you." She spits out.

"Wow. I think something has blocked the blood flow to your brain." I pause. "Me, jealous of you? Oh no I'm anything, but that. See I just can't stand you have this idea that everyone loves you and how fucking passive aggressive you are. Jealous? No. Annoyed of your presence? Very." I smirk and leave the bathroom.

"Ready to head home?" Luke asks and I nod, smiling. He grabs my hand and brings me to his car.

"I assumed Beau is taking Gina home then?" I ask.

"Actually him and Jai are staying the night with her." He glances over at me. I nod and smirk as Luke squeezes my thigh.

Once we get home, Luke and I go to the living room.