Chapter 62

A/N: Hey you guys! :)

It's really short this time. Not even 2000 words! :( I'm sorry! But I never knew it was so draining trying to write a full on action chapter! Hahaha.

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that it isn't great, but it is setting the scene for the next chapter, which will hopefully be bot longer and better! As usual, ideas and suggestions would be more than welcome! :)

Oh! And exciting news (well, for me anyway) Just_Ania created a fan page on facebook for Love, Lies and a Flash of the Past! Yay! I feel so honoured! It's sooooo cool! :) It's called 'Skylar Callahan loves Hayden Carter'. So check that out! :)) Maybe you could give her some ideas on what to do there! ;)

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!!

xx

---------- Chapter 62 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “Sean, this is hardly fair! Even Wraiths can’t see this gross outnumbering to be a fair fight!” Haden hisses, taking a step back.

               “We’re pragmatists, prince. We believe in getting things done, no matter the cost,” Sean answers. He sits down on the sofa, watching us intently.

Haden tightens his hold on the metal rod, clenching and unclenching nervously. The five Wraiths get ever closer and eventually, there’s just no more backing up.

I hear Haden take a deep breath before lashing out, swinging the metal rod quickly. It clips one Wraith on the side of his head.

But Haden must not have put much strength behind that strike; the Wraith is still upright. Much more pissed off, but upright!

               “Haden, don’t panic,” I whisper, tightening my own grip on the little knife in my hand.

               “It’s a sad day indeed when a prince who was thought how to fight from the first step he took is afraid of five unarmed men,” Sean mocks.

Haden clenches his jaw, getting distracted. Sean is trying to psyche him out.

               “Pretend it’s a sword Haden!” He must know how to fight with a sword, right?

Haden takes a tiny step forward, balancing himself out before taking another swing. This time the swing catches the Wraith right across the face and he falls down.

But if we thought they were going to do the honourable thing and let Haden take them on one by one, we were so sorely mistaken.

The moment Haden knocked out the first Wraith, the others shifted, surrounding him.

He swings once more with his metal bar, but the Wraiths dodge it. As Haden swings out, one Wraith gives Haden a swift kick to the throat. He knocks Haden against the wall, and I see the panic flash in Haden’s eyes.

Making up my mind, I squat down and thrust the knife into the leg of the Wraith closest to Haden. He collapses back and one of the Wraiths pulls me up by my hair.

But that distraction seemed to be what Haden needed. He swings the metal rod above him and smashes it against the guy who’s grabbing me. The Wraith buckles and releases me.

Haden grabs and drags me across the room as he sprints for the door.

I hear Sean chuckle a fraction of a second before Haden cusses. The door is locked. He fumbles with the lock and finally gets it open, shoving me out.