Chapter 47

----------- Chapter 47 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “Skye? What are you doing home so early?” mum demands.

I sigh, closing the front door behind me. So much for me sneaking into the flat!

               “Oh. Hey mum! I’m, umm, not feeling well,” I mumble.

               “Aw! Poor baby! Can I get you something to eat, sweetie?” she asks, buying the lie.

               “No, I’m fine. I’m just going to go lie down for a while,” I say, heading for my room.

Mum suddenly grabs my wrist, spinning me around to face her. “You aren’t sweating, sweetie. Did you walk home?”

Crap! She’s suspicious!

               “Umm, no, I got a ride home,” I whisper, shrugging.

               “Oh, you did, did you?” she mutters under her breath. “Who sent you back, honey?”

               “Haden did,” I answer quickly without thinking.

               “Of course Haden did!” she mutters again.

I laugh nervously. “Yeah. Umm, I just want to lie down for a few minutes if you don’t mind.”

               “Go ahead sweetie. I’ll fix you a soup,” she calls, walking towards the kitchen.

I nod my head jerkily and duck into my room.

This is so crappy! I was supposed to meet up with Fatima and Matt in 10 minutes. We were going to try and figure out what exactly was causing Haden’s sickness.

Matt believes its some sort of poison. Which does make sense in a way, doesn’t it? But how exactly did someone poison Haden? I mean, Haden doesn’t seem the type to not be suspicious. So his guard must be down. But what would make Haden drop his guard.

Me!

Oh my god! That’s right. Haden’s always careful, always aware of everything, but when he’s with me, he kind of lets his guard down.

The poison must have something to do with me!

I swallow loudly, my palms beginning to sweat.

Something to do with me...

It can’t be a smell on me, otherwise it would have had an effect on the other guys. What do I do with Haden that I don’t do with anyone else?

The moment I think that, I blush furiously. There’s a lot  I do only with Haden and not Matt, Alex or Carter.

It could be something on my skin, I suppose. But Carter kissed me, he was fine. Unless it’s on my lips! I’m constantly kissing Haden!

Crap! Is this all my fault?!

               “Baby? You feeling okay?” mum asks from the kitchen, her voice tight.

               “Fine mum!” I call back, making my voice sound as weak as possible. I quickly lie down in the bed as I hear her footsteps approach.

Just as I climb under the covers, mum walks into my room. She fixes a fake smile on her face and sits down on my bed.

               “Do you want to tell me what’s really going on?” she asks gently.