Gave Up On Me

CHARLEY'S POV
I wake up early this morning. It's still really dark and Hercules is snoring. I sigh. The nightmares won't leave me alone. They're not the usual ones though, these nightmares are about going back to the orphanage and about Demi turning like Daddy. I sit up and look out the window. The usual array of stars are out. It feels like they're looking down on me. I know what I did last night. I completely avoided speaking of Demi. She deserves it though.
She did not.
Ungrateful brat
I jump. The voices had to come from somewhere. I look around my room, but no one is there. I look outside the window where I only find a few birds squawking. I frown. They can't have just come out of no where.
In your head doofus
Pay more attention!
Are there supposed to be voices in my head? Oh well.

I decide to go downstairs and draw some. On the way downstairs, I look at a calendar. Today is September 11, my birthday is in sixteen days. I'll be six. I'd really rather just stay five, but I don't think I have a choice. I finally get downstairs and look at the dark house. It's really scary. I stumble around for the light switch. I'm too short to reach. I frown and look around for a possible solution. An idea pops in my head.

I quickly dash over to the dining room and grope around for a chair. Once I find one, I drag it near the light switch. Balancing on top of the chair, I reach out to turn on the light. Of course, I fall. CRASH! There goes the lamp. I land hard on the ground. Ouch.
You're fat
Loose some weight
You broke the lamp
That's mean. I frown and pick myself up. I hope Demi didn't hear that crash. I decide maybe it's a little light and I can pull up the blinds. I walk to a window and grab the string. I pull on the string, but the blinds won't go up. I sigh and pull again. It still won't work. I groan in frustration and decide just to go back to my room.
In my room, where I can reach the light switch, I begin to get ready. I brush my hair and tie my shoes. Perfect! I'm wearing a frilly white shirt, some jean shorts, brown boots with tassels, and my hair is in a messy bun with a white flower. I don't think I look too bad. So, I hop down the stairs. There, I find Demi on her phone. I wave to her, but she doesn't seem to see me. I shrug off the hurt and walk away.

Soon, it's time to go to school. I run upstairs to get my book bag and Hercules. As I pick up the bag, it almost tips me over. I regain my balance and motion for Hercules to follow me. I jump down the stairs, Hercules close on my heels, and stand by the front door. Demi still isn't off her phone.

"Demi?" I say quietly,"We have to leave now." Demi looks up slightly them looks back down. "I've already done enough. You can walk to school." I stare at her in disbelief. Too angry to use common sense, I storm out of the house without my dog. I look around and try to remember which way school is. Looking both ways, I cross the street and continue my adventure. Once I get across the street, I gaze at the large houses in front of me. They're like Demi's, except I bet there's a big happy family in every one of these that are getting ready to take their kids to school. These people would never make their five and three quarters plus a little more daughter walk to school. Yet again, I'm not Demi's daughter. I sigh and continue walking.

Since I was looking down, I accidentally ran into someone. I fall backwards and land on my bottom. Ow.
Bubble Butt
Quit your complaining.
I don't think I like these voices. I look up at what I ran into. A tall, pole like structure with a wrinkly face and the foul smell of mildew and cheese. Uh oh. The lady looks down at me. Her atrocious breath, of curdled milk and fish head, lands on me. I crinkle my nose.

"Why, if it isn't Charolette Cunningham! Don't you miss Sunny Side Up?" An evil smile crosses the mistress' face. I begin to shake my head, but wait, people paid attention to me there. What did Demi do? She told me to go the f*ck away. She's making me walk to school. I don't even have lunch to eat! But yet again, I have my friends here that listen to me unlike Ariel and Savvanah. I decide to not answer.

"Answer me you brat!" She shouts, slapping my face. I reach up slowly to feel the stinging area where her hand landed. I stand up, pick up my stuff, and walk away. This is what I usually do when people are rude.

She laughs,"Charolette, taking after her mother. Run! Run away from your problems and hope they won't follow you! What about Demi Lovato? Are you going to run from her too?" I hear her laugh some more.

Tears in my eyes, I race off to school, forgetting of all the people who love me. Only remembering the sting of when the one person I really love gave up on me.