Chapter 11: Problem with Paps

CHARLEY'S POV
"Get the hell out of my house!" He screams and throws a bottle at mama.
It shatters all over the floor, pricking my exposed skin. Mama cowers in a corner. Tears are streaming down both of our faces.
"Hank, calm d-down." She says as he glares furiously at her.
"How could I calm down? With you two women here nothing is done, we have no beer, and there is no money! The two of you should be able to get a job!"
"I can't get a job because of all these bruises! Charley can DEFINITELY no t get a job! She is two years old for Satin's sake!"
My father just stares at her. All of a sudden he starts throwing punches.
"No!" I scream and run in front of mama.
He-
I wake up to Demi shaking me.
"Thank God! Are you okay?!"
No. I nod.
"Okay. Well, I don't have work today... So...."
I point at the desk under my loft bed.
"You want to draw?" She asks.
I nod and walk over to a box of green pencils. I select a really sharp one, grab a piece of paper, and walk downstairs.
Demi follows me with a curious look on her face.
I point to the door and walk outside. The sight is breathtaking.
All around us are other huge houses with lots of windows and these trees with spiky leaves. The sun is rising over the earth far away from here. There are shoots of purple and pink swimming across the sky.
"See the palm trees and the sunset?" Demi points to the spiky trees and the sun.
I sit in the porch steps and begin to draw.
I look up every few minutes to see Demi on her phone or watching me draw.
I've never really drawn before. I can't even write! But I think you're supposed to just make a picture about what you see or feel, so I'm drawing the sunset!
I finally finish and show Demi my picture that I think looks terrible.
"It looks amazing!" She exclaims, jumping up and down,"Smile!"
I quickly attempt a smile as a bright flash goes off. Rubbing my eyes, I walk inside and up to my room.
A few minutes later, Demi yells," Get ready, Char! I have a surprise!"
I cautiously walk downstairs to see Mr. Jo holding the car keys and Demi pacing the floor with her phone.
"Alrighty! Let's go!"
Off we go into the distance, otherwise known as the mall. As usual, the mall is packed with happy people. I watch the people walk by our car.
There's a little boy with black hair and pretty blue eyes and his mama in a blue dress with black polka dots. Talk about color clash! I think that's what a color clash is...
"Come on honey!" Demi calls, waving me forward.
As soon as we approach the entrance of the mall, paps engulf us. I feel like I'm being swallowed into a sea of blackness and never ending war as we get nearer to the center of this horrid gathering.
How do they even know Demi's here?
I close my eyes as people scream questions in my ears about some guy named Wilmer and about Demi hurting me.
"No! Get back here, Demi!" Mr. Jo shouts as he leaps after Demi.
She advances and slaps two people, a man and a woman with super shiny face, and her nails leave red marks dangerously close to their eyes.
Thousands of flashes go off as Demi turns around. Her face turns really white as I think she realizes that Mr.Jo is furious. I have a feeling I'm wrong.
The last question I hear before Demi quickly drags me inside is,
Is Demi Lovato having some strange emotional relapse?