Chapter 16: Dilmer

DEMI'S POV
I quickly jump out of the car as cans of Cola break through the now completely shattered wind shield. Jo is ripped in half.
Cola is pouring into his body and my eyes widen at the sight of his organs. Who would have thought that they would ever see a heart and some lungs pop out of one of their best friends? Not me.
I break into tears.
You are terrible!
You distracted an innocent man, now he is DEAD
You don't deserve to live, Demetria Lovato
I begin to shake and reach for a blade that isn't there. I scream as a policeman grabs me.
"Ma'am! How many passengers were in the car?" He shouts, stuffing a doughnut in his mouth.
I stop crying, quite suddenly actually. Charolette.
I run through the maze of blaring ambulances, people in the result of the wreck, and blood. I seemed to have wandered away from the limousine, trapped in my thoughts.
I hear the screaming of crash victims. I feel the splashing of warm blood under my six inch wedge heels. I smell the sickening scent of hospital medicine and supplies. I taste the metallic blood flowing through the air. I see..... I see hundreds of people dying.
There are cars driving and falling off the bridge and plunging into the choppy water below.
There are mothers and fathers crying in each others' arms over children buried under coke cans and truck bits. There are also people beating one another up. I despise reckless drivers.
Run Fattie!
Stop being a selfish slob!
Go save Charolette, you short, broken b**tch!
I plug my ears, trying to drive out the voices. Sirens wail, splitting my ear drums, but the voices seem to drown them out. I run and run trying to reach the limo, but it seems to be drifting away.
I slip. Blood splashes in my face as I fall in the ground, air being knocked out of me. I struggle to breathe as little blurries flood my vision.
Red blurrie.
Blue blurrie.
Black blurrie.
HOOOOONK
Yet another semi truck rushes to collapse into this never ending chain of wrecks. This is different though. The truck is also dashing to run over me.
I struggle to get up, but my feet slip out from under me. I try to crawl away, but my arms fail to support my heavy wait.
You are as good as dead!
If you hadn't eaten so much, you would be able to get away!
Selfish slob!
Tears trail down my face. I am such a stupid, fat, selfish, slob. Charolette and Hercules could be dying, but instead of saving them, I'm dying too.
The roaring of wheels become louder.
You are dead, Demi.
I curl up into a ball, preparing to get crushed and smothered by the ridiculously large wheels of the semi.
As the wheels advance to only 200 feet away, a rough hand pulls me out of the way.
"Hola, my love." Wilmer says in his husky, comforting voice.
I want to scream at him to go away and kiss him at the same time. Which should I do?
I don't have the chance to choose, because he chooses for me.
I am embraced by my once undying lover as he presses his rough lips to mine. I honestly missed this. Wait..... Shit!
"F**king get off of me, Wilmer!" I push him off of me, only causing him to chuckle and push a strand of my hair out of my face.
I slap his hand.
"Demi," His mesmerizing eyes paralyze me into listening,"I'm sorry, I miss you. Please."
I sigh. I don't want to be hurt again. I check out my ex boyfriend. He's as sexy as ever. His grey sweater hugs his perfect abs. His hair is splashed with just the right amount of hair gel. I realize, I still love him.
I smile and look up.
"I miss you too, Wilmer." I say, nodding.
Wilmer sends me a genuine smile and hugs me.
I am tapped on the shoulder. I pull away from Wilmer, feigning him a confused look that he dismisses with a shrug. I turn around to see a stout, chubby looking police woman with a brown bun and glasses.
"Yes, beach ball?" I cover my mouth once I realize what I've just said. Wilmer snickers and I can tell he agrees with my description of this doughnut hogging woman.
"Do you own a black limousine containing a tall negro man that is ripped in half," what a racist b**tch," A puppy sized, make German Shepard that smells ghastly," rude f**king b**tch," and a small girl seemingly four that has brown locks and putrid green eyes."
"You racist f**king b**tch! That is my.... Charolette ! Ohmigod. C'mon Wilmer!"
I completely forgot about Charley.
You ungrateful slob
Shut up! I fight back tears as I race to the limo. The doctor people beat me there and are now placing Char on a stretcher.
I sprint towards them, releasing the monster tears that were gathering in my eyes.
I stop, peering into the car.
"No! Don't forget Hercules!" I cry, lifting the heavy dog, only to collapse onto the ground.
"Demi-"
"No, no, NO! She needs him!" I begin to hyperventilate.
Wilmer pushes his chest against my head.
"Concentrate on my heart Demi. Breathe. In... Out."
I gradually calm down as the nurses lift Hercules onto the ambulance and the mean officer hands me a chocolate sprinkle doughnut. I see why officers love these things so much. I drive my attention towards the yummy goodness of the doughnut.
Drop the doughnut, freak.
I am seriously tempted to purge, but my lovatics come running towards me.
"DEMIIIIIIII!"
"Are you okay?"
"Ohmigod! Is that Jo?"
"Who's that little girl?"
"I'm shipping Dilmer!"
I giggle at the last comment.
I stand up slowly and smile at my beautiful lovatics.
"I'm fine. The question is, are all of you fine? No more purging, girls!" They all squeal and nod their heads obediently.
"Can ya'll keep a secret?" I ask, throwing in some of my country accent.
They squeal even louder, I didn't know that was physically possible, and began to jump up and down.
I motion for them to lean in. They gather around me, fighting over spaces.
"Okay, calm down." I say, squatting lower and throwing a glare towards a listening Wilmer. He smirks and walks away, whistling oh so innocently.
"That little girl up there, you know, the unbearably cute one with the perfect amount of freckles and beautiful hair?"
They all nod, becoming more excited by the second.
"She is my adopted daughter."
I am pushed backwards by jumping lovatics, all screaming in delight and fighting to get on to the ambulance, now blocked by policemen bribing them with doughnuts.
Wilmer laughs,"You sure have some adoring fans, Hermosa."
I smile and brush my hands off on my pants as I pick myself up yet again.
"So, that's your daughter?" Wilmer asks, putting in a serious face that shows off his awesome features.
"Yep. I love her to death."
He pouts and walks towards me, very sadly might I add.
"Even more than me, Hermosa?" I giggle as he attacks me in a hug, threatening to never let go.
"Okay! Okay! I love you too!" He releases me and puts on a cocky smirk.
"Ma'am!" Shouts the annoying b**tch of a cop.
"What?" I ask crossing my arms.
"I suggest you head over to the hospital, ASAP!"
I panic and run towards the side walk. I run and run. I am stopped by the rough hands of my lover.
"Demi, you can't just run to the hospital."
"Umm.... The f**ck I can! Do you know who the hell I am?"
He chuckles and runs along side me.